How old is Kael'thas?

We know his father ruled for a very long time, and is the son of Dath’remar Sunstrider. Is there anywhere in the lore that says how old is Kael? I remember some lore snippet that mentioned that he was a member of the Council of Six for a long time, but no precise date was given and that he was there when the first human mages were being taught

Given that there isn’t really any information about his early life this information would put him, as already being at least adult and ejucated 3k years before the Dark Portal was first opened.

In a book (I think it was Arthas: Rise of the Lich King), it was said Kael’thas looked young and handsome, but to a human like Jaina he was still old enough to make her “uncomfortable” in some way so he chose Arthas eventually.

I think he was surely younger than 2800 years…if he had fought during the Troll Wars we certainly would have known about it, as a powerful Mage like Kael would surely fight against the Amani wielding the Felo’melorn, and probably he would have taught magic to the Human magi himself, but there’s no official mention of him fighting during the Troll wars.

Since before the Scourge came and destroyed Quel’thalas, Kael also usually liked to spend a lot of time to study in Dalaran (not just for Jaina, he was also a member of the Council of Six for a long time :stuck_out_tongue: ) , despite his father Anasterian didn’t like that a lot…so I think in my opinion he was more or less as old as the city of Dalaran itself that he liked so much in the past, so I would say he was probably around 1500-2000 years old at most

a small correction Felo’melorn was the king’s sword Kael’thas would not have it until the Arthas murdered his father in fact if Felo’melorn did not break fighting frostmourne the one dead would have been Arthas so let that sink in a 3000+ year old age who had been greatly aged physically by the burden of kingship almost beat Arthas wielding frostmourne :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well the only things we know about King Anasterian’s age are that he was very old by elvish standards, when WC3 happened and already was King by the time Troll Wars happened 3000 years ago.

So he could easily be as old as the kingdom itself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.