How powerful are the Classes?

So I thought it might be fun to see people’s views on this.

What pecking order would you put the classes in terms of power in regards to the lore?

I’d go with -

Warlock
Mage
Death Knight
Demon Hunter
Priest
Druid
Shaman
Paladin
Monk
Hunter
Warrior
Rogue

The last three are probably joint really

Demon Hunter
Death Knight
Warlock
Druid
Mage
Priest
Paladin
Shaman
Hunter
Monk
Rogue
Warrior

Its situational really, and there are several videos about powerlevels. Overall Deathknight and Demonhunters have an edge, and then Warlocks and Shadowpriests are well above mages, but holy priests arent that high. A shaman and a druid are similar and in the right situation can cause Massive Destruction to the point where powerlevels dont matter but thats usually depicted only when fighting “evil” of sorts like Thrall with Deathwing or the Novel “Stormrage” where Malfurion channels the energy of the dream together with energy from Azeroth being practically a god at that moment. Thank god these cant be used in a faction war cause Azeroth loves all her children

There ain’t a sliding scale, they each are best at their own thang, and not as good as the others at theirs.

There really isn’t. I know Blizzard like to fetishize Jaina, but she is -just- a very powerful Archmage, a swift punch to the jaw will interrupt spellcasting, potentially breaking her jaw. An arrow from five hundred yards away will still one shot kill her if it is a head shot. Just about any standard Human footman could beat the living tar out of Gul’dan, he’s crippled anyway so part of the work is done for you (as a Crip myself I can make that kind of gag:P ) He seriously is not all that and a bag of chips. I mean Warriors can apparently One Shot Fel Reavers when at the top of their game, and even a Priest is capable of driving a sword through plate armoured tanks. Hunters -can- actually summon animals out of thin air, and can kill you before you even know they are there. Know what they call a Demon Hunter or a Death Knight with an arrow in their head?

Just as Dead as anyone else.

The ‘Hero’ classes referred to the playing experience, that you start at a higher level, -not- that they were inherently superior to the other classes, a fact which Blizzard clarified (If you type ‘Hero Class’ into Wowpedia it gives the exact quotes and sources)

The truly powerful will use their powers in ways that are not so obvious, instead of just going all ham mega sorcerer.

“I see you, Tobias Arcwright, the plucky peasant hero with his crossbow, I know of your puny quest for vengeance, what can I say, your village was in the way, I had to subjugate the nose sucking Demon of Archoo, and besides, I am an Arch Warlock, doing nasty things goes with the dribbly candles and skulls on my robes. Stand in sheeplike terror as I monologue evilly and you just let me do nasty stuff, just like Varian Wrynn let our Lord and Saviour Gul’dan do at the Broken Shores. Such magic I will summon, I call forth the nethermost reaches of torment and agony to invoke my spell, a spell of utter horror that will rend your physical form asunder and make spiralling ribbons of your soul, to float on the ether, conscious, suffering, yet unable even to die and know peace, I CAST -”

Toby Arcwright: “Get him Johnny Chimpo!”
A small, yet furious Macacque starts trying to enthusiastically unscrew the Warlock’s head

Warlock “Arrrgh, Whoah is me! Brought low by someone too stupid to know that a Macacque is a monkey, not a Chimp!”

Tobias chews a stalk of wheat “Ayep, but ah’m not the one with Johnny Chimpo eating my face…”

No one class is better, that’s kind of the point. Its all circumstantial.

1 Like

Putting Demon Hunters above shaman and druid
WutFace.jpg

See you say that, but in the entry cinematic of Dazaralor she impulsively makes a quick barrier that is enough to block and destroy a Ballista arrow, that would normally oneshot a ship and would put a large hole in her, so while its true that a good stab would still kill someone like Jaina, I believe you underestimate magic in wow quite abit…

Guldan essentially transformed demon spikes and all and used fel to empower himself in the encounter, so its not exactly easy to stab these annoying people.

Looking forward to that Jaina headshot though

That post was so unbelievably British it mended my soul a little.

I agree that rating the classes is a bit hard due to the fact that everything is powerful in a specific setting or moment.

I suppose you would have to look into the Lore behind the classes to get a butter understanding.

For example is it simply a game mechanic that we hunters can pull animals out of our pockets or is it in lore? Are we using purely magical ammo or shooting special physical bullets and arrows.

Same with magic. Is it limitless or limited? I know we have some limit in game and in bits of lore:

Demon hunters having an increasingly harder and harder time not falling to corruption the more fel they take in.

Also for those wanting to see Jaina get shot, it already happened. Someone shot her in the chest in War Crimes and killed her. Unfortunately everyone and their mum tried to save her and the Celestials brought her and everyone else back.

I still punched air when she got a bullet in her back though.

Well this isn’t exactly the way I expected this topic to go but… still interesting.

Brig you mentioned a priest stabbing a sword through a tank, what’s that about? Is that out of a novel?

Apparently Shaman and Monks use the exact same energy, just from different places - I guess that makes them very similar

Hunter

rest

Can’t do anything with a bullet in your brain.

6 Likes

Really depends. A deathknight lives and dies by his weapon. A strong rune blade can make a deathknight easy first place.

1.They don’t get tired
2. are physical stronger
3. sarionit Armor makes them magic resistend
4. apocalypse alone made a human able to fight a guardian , give a deahknight a similar weapon and no one can stop them.

That would be Anduin at the Siege of Lordaeron. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

He don’t speak about the skill cap. He speaks about the power cap. Sadly Hunters are one of the weakest classes in that position. I mean 2/3 even need a beast to survive.

Oh I must have totally forgotten about that cinematic… :poop:

1 Like

People don’t need dogs to survive. Yet they choose to have one.

Also: Define “Power”.
A Paladin doesn’t have power over fel magic. A Shaman doesn’t control the light.

The power they control. A beast can die fast compared to that power.

We don’t need beasts to win, but why kill people yourself when you can get animals to do it for you? It’s called “cunning”. And any of the so-called “powerhouses” wouldn’t do anything with a stampede of wild beasts coming their way.

Also, as much as I hate Sylvanas, notice how she basically destroyed an entire siege tower with just one shot.

I dunno likeone poster said - it’s situational. A mage is usually a very powerful being but a skilled rogue could be bane of any of them. Kinda like it was in Diablo where special order of mage assasins was created (very cool idea btw). Death knights are considered powerful but I could imagine for shaman to summon elemental to occupy him (and disabling option to raise him after defeat) while showering said dk with fire/magma stuff.

That’s what I mean. You’ve a beast but are still one of the weakest. And Sylvanas is not a Banshee, she is a dark ranger which also use dark magic for her advantage.

I mean, a crab did kill more then six night elven druids. So, Hunter Pet>>>>>>>>>>>Druids.

:crab:

5 Likes

Exactly, so a stampede of crabs should annihilate Malfurion.

1 Like