How’s AD for newcomers?

Goldshire is the sordid detritus of the RP community. It is essentially a collective of individuals and OOC’ers using the server’s RP tag to act out habits not suited to the PEGI rating of the game.

If you ever see a youtube video purporting to give roleplayers a bad name - whether in the US, or the EU, it will always hone in on Goldshire. It’s not that these habits are confined to Goldshire (as some recent jade witchery attests) but it is particularly prevalent and visible.

A very bad place to get your start in RP my friend.

EDIT: I would offer further detail but that’s liable to get the thread locked eventually. Hopefully that gives you some indication.

1 Like

Oh i see. Will definitely check it out due to the curiosity nature that is built in us humans i guess.

Just… don’t fall into the temptation….

3 Likes

Most people dont mind new players in rp

Goldshire is full of dudes wanting to be girls and alot of drama and trolling on the ppl that erp

First of all welcome to Argent dawn , like a whole a lot of people have pointed out Argent dawn got a wonderful night elven community.
I would like to pass on this amazing link created by dedicated role players.

I hope in all you will find a nice home and will enjoy your stay :pray:

Well to put it this way…
A friend of mine who does not normally play on AD has been trying to RP for two days.
People /ignore, walk away, or straight out log off cause his character is not boring enough for them and they can not fathom up better ways to roleplay with someone who does not fit into the mold of “Billy Joe; The Peasant-warrior with a rude attitude, but he is a lovable guy if you get to know him”.

So unless you play something 100% common and played out - It’s harsh.

I’d say it’s not welcoming, RP wise, in the public areas.
We still have splashes of friendly faces around, they are just hard to find.

Edit addition;
I’m the annoyed one. He is still trying and hoping. I’ve just gone “cold” over the past fifteen years of seeing this become the norm…
So please, do not assume he is angry or in any shape, way or form dismissive to others - The anger is purely Me.

• This is also another perspective of the server, as if you do not comform to what “The Pillars” agreed upon over a decade ago; it’s a whole other side to experience.

Where did he try to RP? Sounds like Stormwind to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways to mean it just sounds like a streak of badluck, I’ve never, personally, seen anything like that happen! Even with more “uncommon” RP-concepts!

Sadly, my fifteen years here - trying to RP according to my normal standards (Aka; Tabletop); I’ve met the same.
Which has caused my own anger as you can tell.

I’m by no means hating everyone, I am just… tired and old.
I wish the norm was to be welcoming and open, to - Roleplay - and not go OOC-opinionated (If that makes sense).

He has tried in SW, and outside (Darkshore, Duskwoods).
I’ve tried… basically everywhere.
As I said, I find nice hearted people — they are just far more rare than I would wish…

I mean, sure if you keep bumping in that for so long I’d get angry and salty to! But I have to admit I can’t relate as most people I get in contact with during RP are open and welcoming! Sad to hear you have had it only rarely! :frowning:

1 Like

We should really stop with this nonsense. Stormwind is the best place to begin forming a network as a new player, from there you can expand into other guilds and hubs. How do you even begin to get into RP if you avoid the most populated RP hub?

The only place that should be avoided is Goldshire, every other place is perfectly fine for RP, including Stormwind.

Welcome!

The point he is trying to make with “Avoid SW” is that people are rude and downgrading to anything outside of their cookie cutter-roles.
However, That point is true for -anywhere-.
I’d even argue Goldshire has good RP and good people, but there’s a multitude of not-so-good things going on in the open and that hinders the biggest potentials is has.

@ Moridunum
Yeah, sadly I have had this experience most of the time. I have gotten into it - on and off - and eventually I just get too tired of seing the poor attitudes that I quit RPing for months/years (in WoW).
Seeing my friend suffer the same, along with other people I speak to of the same mindset, causes me to believe it’s not just bad luck anymore.

Even if I am old, angry and tired; I don’t Fully give up, I eventually return, even if it’s in small doses and after going through a row of… not so pleasant encounters.

Glad to hear some has it welcoming, but I do think there is an actual issue around.

SW Rp should not be cold, for example, as it’s a nice city with possibilities:
And it’s a shame that “The Pillar”-attitude has taken over, where you’re only allowed to play within certain lines, rather than use the entire universe we are surrounded by.

2 Likes

Avoiding it won’t make the problem go away.

Set an example instead.

Yes, I agree. I’m just merely explaining “the why”.
I try set an example, it’s just hard to keep it up while being drowned out by shunning-rudeness.

1 Like

I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

pats Sad to hear you completely damn an entire hub and -all- the people in there.

Yes. Very easily, actually.

4 Likes

I understand that, I’m just sad to hear it’s so easy for you and hope you expand your experiences a bit rather than just damn it all.

They exist. Much like good people exist elsewhere, eventho I have experienced majority of butt-hattery and people with some sticks in places they should not go.

I’ve been on this server for nearly a decade. My experience tells me to avoid that place, and to advise newcomers do the same.

I’ve been here for 15 years - my experience tells me otherwise.
I warn them of the overall, as I said in my first post you cut out from;

“I’d even argue Goldshire has good RP and good people, but there’s a multitude of not-so-good things going on in the open and that hinders the biggest potentials is has.”

Just gonna add; No point “arguing” or even attempting to discuss this, tho, we’ve both said what our views are.