How to avoid dungeon rushing?

Hi. I’ve made a few attempts to play (retail) Wow. I love the questing and gameplay, but always quit because of the dungeon rushing.

Has there been any change to low level dungeon rushing? I like to read quests and explore the dungeons, but it seems dungeons were only for leveling.

1 Like

Sorry, no way to avoid it other than to go in a premade party.

I wish there were. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m currently leveling alliance druid via dungeons as healer and it’s frustrating when i enter dungeon and i’m taking quests while tank has already 30% health and is fighting 2 groups already, no time to prepare, setup talents or even for saying “Hi”. Being tank won’t help because every dps feels like semi tank pulling and trying to kill elites on their own.

4 Likes

How to avoid rushing, well find 4 likemined people and form a group.

1 Like

Play tank seems to be the only option because then you are the one who chooses the speed

Often, you aren’t able to choose the speed as a tank, though. :frowning:

I am haunted by a memory, a while ago now, of when I was levelling a Monk. I didn’t like Monks much - still don’t - and decided to dungeon spam instead of taking my time.

Went tank for quick queue. I hit Deadmines. There were these 2 Enhancement Shamans, I suspect they were friends, fully loomed and in no mood to wait. The healer was clearly a beginner who had no idea what was going on … well, it would have been clear to me if the two Enhs hadn’t decided to go full Rambo and start sprinting ahead of everything. I felt obliged to go grab aggro and get back to the front. So I did.

Yeah, complete beginners have no business signing up to heal, but complete beginners also have no way of knowing that they shouldn’t be signing up to heal.

Anyway, while I ran to follow my people so I could lead them, the beginner, and a DPS who very decently stayed with him, were getting into all kinds of trouble with random mobs we had left behind. I didn’t even realise I had left them behind until we were at the walkway to the ship.

Normally, when tanking, I like a moderate, steady pace, and have a priority of KEEP THE GROUP TOGETHER. Avoid skips, tricks, theatrics that may leave someone not understanding what I’m doing. But I was never going to keep the group together that day, and to be honest, I wasn’t even aware enough to try. That day I felt pressure to keep ahead of the terrible twins.

Ever since, I wish I had apologised to that beginner, and explained.

So no, while tanks can have some influence on the group’s speed, if they have enough experience, they can’t avoid rushing in all cases without causing other problems.

1 Like

Actually played recently low level contenct due to leveling Mag’har alt. Played Shaman. Never felt any rush. If I wanted to pick up quests I just did it. Hardest is being a healer because if you have speedy tank, you’re most likely being kicked because you “suck”. For sure I experienced dramatically less rush than in MoP when leveling panda Monk.

Well it’s not surprising you didn’t feel any rush when levelling your alt. You’re not a beginner. You know what a boss is. You know what a tank does. You know what happens in a dungeon, what doesn’t, about how long it will take, and how to leave it when done. You probably know the layout of the dungeon. You weren’t still setting up your bars. You have a pile of heirlooms.

Then it’s hard to tell how about rush in dungeons now if you’re just starting. Probably every single player starting with WoW will feel rush in dungeons etc. because they are still learning.

Make group, go tank, if someone has a crap attitude kick em n replace

I know, im a bastard in classic

Best scenario ever: get a tank or heal and grab a friend who will play the other role. Let the DPS sweat when they rush and have no aggro shift and heal.

Yes, of course every new player feels it - well, every genuinely new player, since people coming from other MMOs and to a lesser extent team shooters, who are used to the mechanics of dungeons, may be more attuned.

More generally, though, it also depends on each individual’s preference and familiarity with the dungeon, and how they are feeling that day, that run. Something like 15%-20% of players pretty much do not do dungeons at all, largely because they don’t like the rush.

Well if you don’t wanna rush then don’t play tank or healer. Play DPS.

While lvling in dungeon if you wanna read quest or watch cinematic most people will understand.

As a tank or healer people want to be fast as possible and keep up with momentum. They done that content lots of time so they don’t care.

Just don’t get lost in dungeon if you 1st time there. While catching up with group don’t ninja pull.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.