How to buy correctly us vs eu

hi Gooday,
i am so confused with the US and EU concepts
i am currently playing in EU server but in account currency its showing in $ i cannot add Euro currency
How to buy Game time or subscription for EU correctly…
i dont know how the system work.
is it like
if i buy in USD it will go to US account ?
if i buy in Euro it will go to EU account ?
or Is there any way i can buy gametime for EU with USD ?

1 Like

The blizzard pages should detect your browser settings and your IP address location.

Are you using a VPN or proxy server or have you set your browser location as US?

I inadvertently set my browser as US once when looking for something.

1 Like

EU subscription

US/NA Subscription

There are some issues with some services when you are buying them from a different region/currency

3 Likes

No i am not from US or EU i am from india…i believe its blizzard configuration to set US as default currency for people who live outside EU

3 Likes

In the Blizzard site that is correct.

eBay or one of the many sites selling gametime.

1 Like

so what you are saying is i cant add blizzard balance if i am not living in EU?

And in your url

there is 2 words eu & en-gb which both refers europe
but the url i am getting as default is

us & en-gb
so meaning i am buying with USD in europe account ? like that?

The US shop is for the NA/US version of the game, not for the EU.

You may be better off buying game time from a third party retailer where you can choose the specific region you want the game time for.

You can try contacting support for an official answer or see if they can offer you any assistance.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services

Use a vpn to say you’re in europe
I need to use one for my US account or else it defaults me to EU and I can’t buy anything

2 Likes

@Dottie
I tried in G2A but it seems i have pay some extra cost to buy from them :frowning:

@punyelf

i have tried contacting them they are asking for utility bill for country change…how do i get europe utility bill in india lol…

Go to: https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription?p=69470

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for the Blizzard logo and just above that you should see a small Globe with a Language and Region.

If that says English (US) click on it and you can change it to Europe region and then select a language.

This will update the currency.

If you’re having issues or concerns about buying things then you’ll need to open a support ticket to get direct advice from Blizzard

@lunacaeli

it didnt worked…where to open a support time in ingame?..my request are always redirected to FAQ’s

1. Click support at the top of any Blizzard page

2. Click World of Warcraft

3. Click Payments

4. Click Contact Support

5. Click I would rather categorize the issue

6. Click Payments

7. Click Not Listed

8. Click Contact Us

9. Fill in the description box with as much information about the issue as possible.

10. Click Submit

You should be able to use a debit card to buy a subscription. Just use your account settings at the top of the page, click on your character at the top of the page and choose your EU account. Or use this link.

https://account.blizzard.com/games

Have you tried changing the shop at the bottom of the website? Change to europe and select any language.

@Dottie
I have already tried this way it is not working

@Redbullboost

Yes i have tried that too but the currency it wont change :frowning:

@lunamcaell

The Support just opened hands that they cant do anything in this matter lol
" Chaneassan
Hey there Aaron,

Game Master Chaneassan here today! We apologize for the delay in this response, as we’re currently experiencing a high volume of world-wide contacts, while our teams are also making work adjustments to remain safe, in light of COVID-19.

I understand you put in an issue about wanting to pay in EUR instead of USD on your Blizzard Account.

It is not possible to choose a different currency in the Blizzard Shop, because the currency shown in the Shop is determined by the country your Blizzard Account is registered to. Customer Support cannot bypass this restriction.

While we are unable to assist in your request today, I would like to thank you again for taking your time and getting in touch with us about this! If you need any further assistance with anything else, always feel free to hit us up. "

Feels Deserted May be i cant play in EU :frowning:

Hi Shadowkite. I am also an Indian player, and it seems that I cannot use Tokens to add Blizzard Balance to my game. However, when I was first subscribing to WoW, I used the EU version of the Shop to purchase my subscription. Here is a link to it:

Nowadays, I don’t worry about what region my subscription renews from. My Shop in the client also shows every price in USD, although I am charged EU prices (around Rs. 1300, which is 15 Euros).

Careful as to what region Shop you purchase your sub from the first time around. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit to also say that in case you find you cannot access the correct region to play in and accidentally purchased the subscription for the wrong one, you can put in a Ticket to quickly get your refund. I was able to receive mine fairly soon enough when it happened to me while gifting Game Time to my ex.

1 Like

Have you tried using a VPN?
I recommend proton vpn
Its completely free and works flawlessly

I’ve used it many times
I can almost guarantee it will solve your region problem

@HeavenSeeker

Thanks ill try these…good to see a player from my country lol

@Mclovin

Is VPN is legal in Blizzard ?

1 Like

I think it’s actually down to the country you enter when setting up your Blizzard account being different to the one your IP is from.

There is a post about it in the CS forum.

@Dottie

Yea Looks like so…there is a option to select country while creating account.i didnt know these consequences else i would have used the EU countries in that dropdown

@Mclovin

Tried the vpn with EU country too but still i am stuck in the same place…country was not able to change because the “blizzard not able to verify the ip” :frowning:

Looks like i cant use the add balance option in this account :frowning: