Cannot Purchase 120 Char Boost On my EU Account

Hello! I am trying to buy a character boost on my EU account. I keep getting the following error:

We see that you are trying to buy World of Warcraft: Level 120 Character Boost in a different region than your Blizzard account region.

To complete your purchase, visit the Blizzard web Shop (EU).

I only play on my EU account, but I live in the USA. The error prompts me to the EU website to continue my purchase, but that takes me out of game. The problem is that boosts are available for purchase in game only.

Any help would be appreciated. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hey Aivek

That’s something that’s been forwarded up to our developers to take a look into it, so while I don’t have any specifics or workaround to share at this time, hopefully it will be sorted out soon

2 Likes

Im getting the same thing trying to get a boost for my NA account. I cant buy a boost for this error.

Hey there Zulgazji,

I’m in the same boat as you myself and have been eagerly watching for updates from the Devs. Unfortunately it’s proving to be more difficult for them to straighten out than first expected.

2 Likes

Update: I still cant buy a boost for my NA character.

Same error here, hope it’ll be fixed soon :confused:

1 Like

Hey gang,

I’ve not forgotten about this and am still watching the open report for updates.

The Devs are continuing to work with the other departments involved with this but we have no ETA as of yet. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by all this.

2 Likes

Having the same issue, just went to purchase a 120 character boost, but because i play on US servers but live in the UK it doesnt let me purchase anything in game, says in the wrong region… would it be possible for the Devs to see if wow tokens can be added aswell , again because im from the United kingdom but play on US servers wow tokens dont even show up in the in game purchases :confused:

4 Likes

My friend ran into this issue. Her account is registered in the EU as she used to live in the EU, but emigrated to America.

She tried to buy a character boost, for her US account, but it wouldn’t let her, because her account is registered in the EU.

She contacted a GM who told her that sadly, unless she formally changes her account to reflect her US residency (which she does not wish to do as she still plays on her EU account more than her US account), there is no way for her to buy a boost under the current setup.

Surely this would be extremely simple to fix, by letting people buy the boosts via the webshop, rather than the in-game bubkis rubbish.

1 Like

I don’t think it would be an easy fix as it would mean changing a persons home region, anyway if they only want one they can buy shadowlands, it’s the same price and you get the expansion too.

The thing is, you used to be able to buy boosts for other regions, I dont know why it doesnt work now.

I have just tried again and it isnt letting me get one.

2 Likes

Just tried to purchase a boost for my EU account right now but I’m getting the same error. I live in AU, but play on EU region to roleplay and game with guildies. I don’t have this problem any other time.

I figure it’s to do with buying things in a currency that differs to your address countries currency.

Same issue right now, i already have shadowlands and want boost one more char

Live in US with US residency, try to buy boost, get redirected to buy on webshop which says can be bought in game. Endless loop.

I created a new ticket yesterday and CS said they still dont have a resolution timeline for this. I am 100% sure this was working a couple months back and even when I purchased Shadowlands or game time.
Please help if there is any work around for this, really would like to buy a 120 boost.

1 Like

I got the same problem ived try to add money to my wallet create a paypal account nothing worked and yes it was working a couple month ago , the funny thing is you can buy anything else faction change appearance change , all except character boost … help us quick blizzard would be great !

Thank you so much! I just had the same issue myself. I am attempting to boost this character, but my account region is US.

I’ll bookmark this thread :slight_smile:

I talked to support on the issue (i play on EU and live in US), and they said it’s due to the different currency exchange rates. Makes no sense, since it worked pre-update, so you think they would keep the same thing. they said they get taxed on the exchange rate, but they 1.) make money off of it anyways, and 2.) could put it in terms of service to have the buyer pay the exchange fees if they feel the need. either way, it’s BS, and they know it.

1 Like

Just ran into it last night. In fact, I can’t even buy mounts with a prepaid balance on that I added to my account. I made a ticket which was promptly responded with, “the issue should be fixed soon.”

I really hope they change how this works. It should be fairly straight forward and playing with your US or European friends should be as simple as purchasing a transfer service.

1 billion dollar company btw. I love WoW! I’ve purchased 2 different copies and countless subscription renewals. I don’t mind supporting the company or even paying a premium… just don’t force me to dance around “regions” in 2020 in order to make me pay more.

1 Like