How to choose realm?

Hello, my mother will start playing WoW soon, but I have 2 problems:

1. I do not know, what realm to choose, because she can not speak english. Ideally I want a realm where are a lot of people from my country (Czech - Europe) - I even tried to search on the internet, but no luck.

2. Currently we have one account together to play Diablo. Can we use that account together after I move to a different place (just next street), so we will connect to that account from 2 different IPs? She is older, so it would be much easier to share it than force her to switch accounts when she play WoW or Diablo…

Thank you

1. I have not heard of realms where there would specifically be more czech people: however, I’m sure that most active and popular realms have guilds and communities full of people who speak your language. For Alliance I would recommend Silvermoon or Ravencrest, and for Horde I would recommend Kazzak or Draenor.

2. You cannot have more than one person play per account simultaneously. Not only are you not able to log on multiple characters of the same account simultaneously, you are also limited to one session per account, meaning that if someone else connects to the game with your account, you’ll be disconnected. I’m afraid to say that 2 accounts is the only solution to this one. If you’re not planning on playing at the same time however, then it’s all fine.

1 Like

Papudeath thank you so much for your response and we are not planning to play simultaneously, so it will be ok.

There are two things that mark an account to be looked at, one is logging on at the same time from different IP addresses and another is one person being logged off by another from another IP address.

In other words, you mother needs, not should have, her own battle.net account.

Burning Blade and Drak’thul are Connected Realms - merged, which means they are the same realm for all practical purposes - and are the unofficial home of the CZ/SK speakers.

However, they are heavily tilted Horde, so not as populated for Alliance.

I would suggest you and your mother check out that realm, at least as Horde.

If your mother will be playing solo, it will matter less which faction, or even which language, of course. Parties in the Group Finder or LFD are made up of people from all officially English-language realms,a nd zones are shared with all other English-language realms, so you will get the same mix of languages there as anywhere else when in a random party.

1 Like

@Rangh: Dottie and Gráinne kindly covered most things. I will just add to stress that you really, really MUST have two different Battle.net accounts. It is a terms of service violation for two adults to share a single account and such violations will lead to permanent account bans.

1 Like

Thank you, so we created a new account for my mother and now she is playing on Drak’thul as Horde. There are more czech people than we expected, so she is happy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Rangh: Thank you for the update! Glad to hear things turned out nicely for you two. :slight_smile: Happy adventures to both of you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.