How To Fix Gearing And PvP? ⚔

I would prefer to see it return but PvP players seem to be split on it.

I really hope they don’t make any changes to the weekly chest, so when people like you say it’s more efficient to gear up by earning 250 conquest than doing a m+ I can just be as condescending as you just been.

We need a pvp Stat otherwise Pve gearing for pvp content will still be the best way to invest your time.
If pvp gear is too good force’s pvers, like you, to do pvp to pve.

Split?
I don’t see any split.
I would say 99% want it, but that would be taking numbers without any proof… Like you just did by saying split.

Edit: would love a forum pool tool for this.

In the last thread about it, there was mixed feedback. Not that the forums is necessarily a good cross section of the player base to get an informed feel.

You mean mine with 100+ up votes where the great majority (99%) says we need a pvp Stat?
Twitter where people say the same?
Mmo champ forums where the same happens?
Or pvers talking about pvp?

Edit:
The only reason pvp gear worked before is because we had it.

Not strictly true, the biggest reason to equip PvP gear in instanced PvP content during MoP (which is when PvP Power existed) was the downscaling imposed on PvE gear.
In wpvp PvE gear was superior, PvP power was underpowered in comparison to normal stats.
Nobody gemmed PvP power in favor of STR/AGI/INT, even for their purely PvP intended gear.

We clearly read that thread differently.

Like I said in that discussion personally I prefer the stat and totally separate gear for PvE vs PvP and it doesn’t work in the other.

Everyone should have the exact same gear for arena only imo or at least help new/late joiners to the party have a chance.

It’s like playing OW but the enemy team has double your health and damage.

And what about this?

It’s equally difficult, and takes equal amount of time to cap pvp or to do a weekly 15. So with my suggestion on the PvP vendor, you’d have dedicated players doing both, but it is possible to choose to gear up only doing one of them, without feeling like one is better than the other.

And instanced PvP is what most PvPers do, WPvP (for the better or worse depending on perspective) is just a gimmick. Although my bigger point was while Resillience allowed you a bit of flexibility by dropping some resill for more damage, PvP Power didn’t do that - it was no better than Legion’s templates, you just had to grind for it.

Hope they never re add a pvp stat again.

Imo its the main reason why the pvp and pve communitys are so split right now

Yeah and the lack of it doesn’t split it even further or anything right?
Pvpers don’t resent being forced to pve at all.
Cool logic.

That I do agree at least to an extent, it was a pretty boring stat, but it wasn’t a desirable/mandatory one, and wasn’t the driving factor in the PvE-PvP gear disparity in instanced PvP.

Also wouldn’t compare it to Legion templates per se either, since all that gear did also come with other secondary stats, and you also had reforging to play with. Which was, imo, the crux of the issue with Legion templates, you could not do anything to alter your stat allocation.

I wouldn’t want PvP Power to be the defining trait of PvP gear anyway though, I think resilience and/or WoD-esque upscaling gear would be better.

1 Like

Again, you can also just make general PvP gearing better, instead of adding a bandaid stat.

My question then would be, would we have all Stat combinations?
When Pve and pvp items have the same ilvl and when is possible to target stats in one and you ain’t on the other its always bad for the pvp player.
If you add all stats in a pvp vendor then pvers need or feel forced to pvp in order to pve.

Just add a pvp Stat… That’s it.
I don’t get how hard it is to understand, like holy crap…

What band aid Stat?
It worked and it was a thing for 5 expansions.
We had more years with a PvP stat than years without.

Except the problem is not that there is no pvp stat. Its that pvp gearing has been extremely undertuned for the entirety of bfa. Which forces every pvper to pve for their majority of playtime to be anywhere close to competitive.

The problem is they CAN’T tune it properly else pvers will feel forced to do pvp to gear up faster and easily target pvp gear.

Am I speaking demonic or something?
How hard is to understand that if you don’t tune it properly you make it useless, if you tune it properly pvers WILL Have to do pvp.

It’s not rocket science bros…

We already have, just different statweighs. Most PvP gear is 66/33 or 75/25. The overall goal is to allow people to gear up by only doing one of them, strong gear at that. The BiS should be a mix of both for both PvP and PvE, the most dedicated players should be the best geared.

I understand where you are coming from, I just think that there is a better solution.

Yep, it did, and now we have seperate PvP balancing instead of PvP stats. If you make PvP gearing better, say make it equal in terms of how long it takes and how much effort it takes to gear up compared to M+ or raiding - so one isn’t better than the other, but you can do it all -, you’d have the dedicated players doing both, and MMORPGs should reward the dedicated, people who invested a lot of time into the game. It also gets rid of the artifical barrier of having to regrind different sets of gear, just because it has a PvP stat on it.

Whats the problem with pvers having to pvp and pvpers having to pve? I dont see any problem in that as long as a pvper can only do pvp and be almost at the same strenght (90-95%) as someone who does both to min max their character and vice versa.

In Vanila best gear for pvp was from Naxx raid and these 1% who was raiding there was on the whole next level from others.

1 Like