How to fix Glad Stance

Make block value/block chance an attack power increase.
More block value = more attack power
More block chance = increase attack power by % of block chance
Maybe even consider giving armor some sort of modifier to the attack power too
Make Shield Slam for Glad Stance replace Shield Block and if the warrior is talented into shield slam it would turn it into Shield Crush (or whatever name they come up with idk) that does more damage and a cone AoE and obviously make it scale better with attack power.

1 Like

How are you already fixing the spec when phase 3 isnt even out yet? We have no idea how well it is going to perform.

It doesn’t take a genius to know it’s not gonna be in a good spot most likely.
10% damage buff is laughable when Arms hits like a truck and Fury has an offhand that hits for a good amount in addition to the main hand.
Also, everyone knows Shield Slam is a meme ability.

2 Likes

“Likely”

See you say it yourself.

I agree with the person above wait until we actually know how it performs as we dont even know yet if you would play deep prot talents in pve (probably not I think dps talents is what you will want to play) and only go deep prot for pvp.

Dont underestimate that you can use the whole warrior toolkit in glad stance.
Being able to use overpower proccs with the new rune without having to switch stances could be really good for glad stance for example.

2 Likes

Exactly. I would guess glad is mostly gonna spec into arms rend>deep wounds>over power and take taste for blood rune and milk those over power crits. All in all I would see Gladiator to be true hybrid spec in arms/fury

Whoa, careful saying that kind of stuff around here.

Arms hits like a truck where exactly?

We must be playing different games.

Look all I’m gonna say is that what would be the point for a warrior to abandon 2H with WF procs or insane DW rage gen for 10% damage buff?
Sure we can just wait for it to come and see that is in fact a bad rune and needs a buff, or we could point out a very glaring design flaws in it right now and hope they’ll act on it before it gets released.

This is for sure true but I was referring to its performance in PVE (probably should’ve been more clear about it) undoubtedly a Warrior that isn’t bound by rage deduction from swapping stances will be a powerhouse to some extent but even then 30% armor reduction hurts a lot and nullifies all Armor gained by the shield (if not more) so you’re pretty much glorified one handed weapon user with a 10% damage buff.

Again mostly a PVE thing and obviously on the bosses that don’t have MC levels of armor but even then when I dabbled in the STV event with the epic Axe I had some juicy crits that 2 globaled some

Without any changes made it will be garbage released in it’s current state.
The whole warrior toolkit thing is a joke, just make some macros for stance dancing it will only benefit the mega noobs.

we do, we know the formula
nobody will use shield slam

Care to explain why it would be “garbage”?

It isn’t OP in the way he would like it to be.

why you would play it is easily answered: for fun why else? Does it need to beat arms or fury to be fun?

I dont think so oh and I was also talking about pve there at the end btw.

I mean I do agree that the -armor is a bit hefty but at the end of the day the probably just want to avoid a shaman 2.0 situation in pvp/pve

1 Like

I honestly doubt that’s the case, Shamans had 30% more HP and 10% damage reduction which is way more valuable than the Warrior armor in a meta where casters casually bring a person to 30% within 2 casts.
What it really does is that it makes Enhance shamans be at their baseline defenses still relatively tanky and still pumping hard especially with the runes they showed us, which I’ll be beyond shocked if those don’t get some sort of adjustment.
And Ele shamans that do run a shield a 1 hand and benefit from Way of Earth whilst also pulling some insane numbers.

And then there’s the Glad Stance Warrior. Same defensives values as your average Fury/Arms warrior (not a lot) and a shield that is there purely for the block % and the extra stats (Stam/Str).
Yeah sure you should play whatever you want for fun, but Warriors already suffer from a considerable amount of runes that are without a doubt dead and most importantly not fun whatsoever. So when I see Gladiator Stance, a rune that has some sort of innovation and isn’t just another base increase or decrease to a value I want it to be good enough so that people will consider it in group content. SoD is all about group content, sure you could just run things with your guild but what if you’re not the type of guy to do content with a guild? You’ll just be in LFG chat looking for group as your favorite class Gladiator Warrior and nobody will want to play with you, and what fun is that?
I’m sure Rogue is really fun but alas we have seen many Rogues not be able to enjoy their game because of their class not being considered good enough by the general community. It is unfortunate that your ability to have fun is dictated by a raid lead but the end of the day it is a community driven game.
I understand they wanted to tone down Warriors and make other classes come closer to their level but there’s a difference between toning things down and utterly disrespecting the class and the people that play it.
2 slam runes? 3 bad defensive abilities? 2 minute shouts? 30 minute shared CDs? Extremely boringly designed runes compared to other classes with innovative and new playstyles?
How can it be fun playing a warrior when compared to other classes you always get the short end of the stick?

1 Like

And thats why wowlogs needs to go. Even if its cool to see yourself improve on your logs.

People will never be able to fully enjoy this game as long as its only about performance.

Ofc it will never go fully away but what we have right now is just a toxic enviroment.

But we shouldnt forget the basically every class is complaining about “boring” or “dead” runes. Warrior is not a unique case. I just think people have way too high of expectations than what blizzard actually wanted to deliver: polishing old classes to get them out of the mud of horrible and add a “few” new ways to play the game (mage healer, warlock tank, rogue tank).

Not like people would even give blizzard a chance even if they added something that would be “not boring” and also I have yet to see anyone actually come up with what to add to classes/speccs that is not just the usual array of answers like: “nothing of later expansions” or “not my job to figure out”.

I saw people claim that adding titans grip to warrior would be fun but how would that for example be any diffrent from what we have right now?

Honestly alot of these issues would or probably could be resolved if we were not this restricted on what runes we can apply to which slot.

They really should consider atleast adding a kind of “meta” slot that allows you to pick one rune from any slot to apply to it in the future.

1 Like

Did I miss something? Where in the rune does it say anything about Shield Slam?

There’s already so many posts in this thread explaning it but to be short and simple.
Low rage gain with 1 hander+shield
1 hander = less damage than 2 hander or dualwield (even with 10% increase)
Shield slam? No thanks…
It’s a joke calling it gladiator stance since it wont be anything close to what gladiator stance was. The gladiator stance people remember was broken, charge in and shield slam = kill.
With how weak warriors are in sod pvp currently you could give them +50% damage and they would still not be S tier.

Anything can be fun for the right person. If you enjoy dealing 200 damage to your enemies before you drop dead is fun, good for you.
I can’t even think of any melee class that is going to lose to a gladiator stance warrior, and ranged classes are just gonna destroy them without losing 5% hp.

For everyone saying shield slam will deal low dmg. How do you know that? Have u done the math considering the available shield block value on gear and taking new runes into account?

whats with your fixation on shield slam? Do you just wanna say you want an OP stance that only uses shield slam to one hit people and anything else is not acceptable?

Rage gen with 1h+shield is also more than fine.

Because thats what it feels like to me.

Ive played prot warrior this whole phase in PvP and abilitys hitting for lower dmg (compared to casters) literally does not matter. Use the whole toolkit and you can win most encounters.

I can somewhat understand your worrys but ill take this anyday over what a generic arms or fury specc could ever offer for pvp for warriors.