How to gear up?

Hi, I’m currently ilvl 430 on my Demon Hunter with most of my gear being 435+ with some trash ilvl 400 trinkets and weapons. World quests now only seem to give me 415 armor so no upgrades there. I have a mythic level 2 key, should I do those? Or how do i get at least 435 or 440 gear? I’ve got my legendary cloak too.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Yes, you are on the edge of Mythic-Plus territory.

Emissary quests will deliver you somewhere around 430-440 at the moment, and as your ilevel increases, Emissary rewards will increase to ilevel 445.

If you still have a couple of 400 pieces, you will pobably get world quests reasonably soon to pick up 410-420s to replace them, but then there is the gap between the plentiful 410-420s and the rare 445 Emissaries.

You can also do one of the N’Zoth Uldum or Vale Assaults. The first one you do each week will give you a random Emissary-level piece of gear.

You can also do Ny’alotha LFR. The bosses there drop 430-440 loot once per week. The last boss can be frustrating in LFR, so if you try that one, be aware it may not go smoothly!

But once you have hit about 420-430, the quick-gear process slows down enough that Mythic-Plus is the next ladder to climb if you’re impatient.

M+2 and M+3 reward 435 gear, if you’re lucky enough to find a piece at the chest at the end, and the rewards climb about 5 ilevels for each extra level of M+ key. At the end of the week, you will also get a slightly higher level item in your Weekly Chest, guaranteed.

Keystone Level End of Dungeon Weekly Chest
Mythic 2 435 440
Mythic 3 435 445
Mythic 4 440 450
Mythic 5 445 450
Mythic 6 445 455
Mythic 7 450 460
Mythic 8 455 460
Mythic 9 455 460
Mythic 10 455 465
Mythic 11 460 465
Mythic 12 460 470
Mythic 13 460 470
Mythic 14 465 470
Mythic 15 465 475

The actual process of getting an M+ group together in the Group Finder can be disheartening. Either you’re making your own group with your own key and praying that a tank and a healer actually show up, or you’re applying to join many other groups, and getting a lot of rejections and no-answers. So be aware that this is just how it is; it’s not about you at all.

Much better, if you can, to make a group with friends, guildies, or Community members.

This guide lists more options, but for right now, for where you’re at, whatever Emissaries come your way, LFR, and low-key M+ are the mainline.

2 Likes

Wow thank you for your response. That’s a lot of useful information.
Appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kofikingston,

The other posters here have given some great advice!

You can also take a look at the horrific visions too - a full clear of all objectives in the vision will reward 445 loot for the first clear of the week. After that, you can earn progressively higher loot for each first full clear while wearing 1 or more masks up to a maximum of 470 ilvl rewards for a full clear wearing 5 masks. :slight_smile:

While you’re doing the Vale/Uldum assaults you may also see world bosses in them zones on your map. They also drop gear once a week (unless you’re like me and keep getting AP/gold). You can reroll on them though if you have seals of wartorn fate, which I definitely recommend keeping handy while gearing up.
Capping your conquest points each week can yield up to 460 gear, and it’s not too difficult. You earn quite a bit of CP from doing assaults in Zuldazar/Kul Tiras with WM on, you can earn them from arenas/battlegrounds, and the supply crates that fly over BfA zones will drop 50 CP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.