How to get to Vashj'ir (Alliance)

I already have 50 lvl Alliance character so I don’t have go through BfA. But I got through Exile’s Reach, went to see Chromie for Cataclysm timeline got pop-up quest to see the Hero’s Call board and… nothing. There is no zone connected to Cataclysm on the board.

1 Like

I think the cataclysm timewalking starts in vanilla zones then u can move to vashjir later?

1 Like

Can you develop your thoughts? On my Horde character I went to Chromie, got the same quest to see the board, went to the NPC and got the quest. But the NPC on Alliance side has no quest to give.

Then i would think its a bug if there is no quests. I thought u asked how to get to vashjir with chromie time and i dont think the cataclysm chromie starts with vashjir, it starts with EK zones and then u go to vashjir at a higher level. When i picked cata on an alt i got to choose between 3 old zones from the callboard, i dont remember which zones it was though.

I just got the in-game response. I need to be level 30 to go to the Vashj’ir. Which is weird because I always went to Vashj’ir instead of Mount Hyjal and I remember them to be the two starting zones of Cataclysm (the same level needed to enter).

Yes but the cataclysm chromie time starts with the old vanilla zones.

1 Like

IDK if it’s changed with Chromi time but you used to get there by talking to an NPC at SW docks. Stood in the lowest level close to the sea.

It’s still the same, but only gives you the quest after lvl 30

1 Like

I normally start Cata by talking to the guy on the island close to the balloon, which takes you to the Maelstrom and some stuff with Thrall, that then takes you to Deepholm.

But as someone else has already mention, what where the old vanilla zones are now Cata zones so presumably when you choose Cata you need to do some of those first to level ip enough to do the new zones added in Cata.

Yesterday I went to SW after I hit 30 to get flying and saw the several quest givers. I was totally lost there, cause I’m a horde player, so I just took them all and one of them just teleported me to Vashj’ir.

Coolies, so you’re on your way then.

One thing I’ll warn you of (you may already know) is that due to the amount of phasing in the zone the quest location markers for the NPC’s are not showing their true location for that phase you’re in but where they end up after you’ve done all the phased stuff.

^^ This is correct. Cataclysm is the revamped Vanilla zones plus the Cata Expansion.

From 10-30 you will level on Kalimdor or Eastern Plaguelands, then you go off to Vash or Mt Hyjal at 30.

Cataclysm levelling causes the most confusion, I think Chromie needs to explain it more clearly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.