How to guarantee top quality for blacksmithing?

Hi guys, for some recipes I have top skill points, and I have the top gear with top enchants, but still can’t get guaranteed rank 5. And my efforts to find in google or youtube are not having any results.

Is there a guide, or a spreadsheet, or anything that shows all the skill sources for recipes? I don’t understand how come I have everything maxed out, but can’t guarantee 5 rank.

What recipes are in question?

First you need to be fully specialized in the given branch AND you need Hammer Control maxed, and of course be fully rare (or better) geared (+22 skill).
From there it depends on what do you want to craft. Note that using Q3 (gold quality) materials yield +75 skill alone.
Lower ilvl weapon/armor recipes can be easily guaranteed to be max quality, for higher ones you need Insight or Inspiration, tools can be guaranteed to be max quality.
Also weapons with embelishments cannot be guaranteed to Q5 on high ilvl, not even with Insight and being a Dark Iron Dwarf (+5 BS Skill)
This is why most folks simply use Q2 mats, they are cheaper and most crafters already have 30-40% Inspiration already.

This… This was the missing part of the puzzle. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.