How to increase ilvl

Right now I have 279 ilvl. How I increase to 365 to do Heroics? And what is Mythic? Do I need a keystone? That’s like a key?

When you reach 120 you will have to unlock world quests. You can do that by doing enough quests in all kultiran zones until you are friendly with all the factions there.

World quests or WQ for short will drop gear depending on your ilvl, as you gear up it will scale higher with you up to 410-420 for basic gear and 445 for emissary rewards.

You will have to go to nazjatar and do quests there. It will reward you with a 370 weapon and later on some 385 pieces.
You will also have to unlock the legendary cloak by doing some quests. Im not sure how it works for alliance exactly.
Legendary cloak is very high ilvl and will bump your gear a lot. Also while you do that 440 bracers will drop as quest reward plus some azerite.

You will otherwise have to do dungeons and raids to get gear.
Dungeons have 3 basic difficulties normal heroic and mythic. Mythic drops 430 pieces but you have to make your own group or join someone elses, cant queue for these.
M+ keystones drop after you do your first mythic dungeon. It drops a key for example waycrest manor+2 which is slightly more difficult than m0 normal mythic dungeon. If you complete it in time you could get another dungeon on the key and so on.
You can use any person’s key in your group and do infinite amounts of dungeons for gear.
But this would be a lot easier to progress through with a guild and making friends ofc.

Then raid also has multiple difficulties and they are meant for bigger groups. Normal heroic and mythic needs to be done by groups you or someone else makes manually as well like mythic dungeons.
Mythic is for more hardcore organised groups, heroic is for most guilds, normal is for more casuals.
There is also a version accessible with autoqueueing like for heroic dungeons and its called lfr which is even easier than normal and gives 430 gear.

You could ofc also do pvp to get gear. I dont personally pvp.

Thats kind of the things i remember from the top of my head. I usually gear alts by going nazjatar straight, do cloak quest line and by the time i go back to do world quests they would scale higher.

And almost forgot while going to nazjatar you will also level up your neck to 50 by doing a quest line which will also bump your ilvl up a lot.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.