How to level from 50 to 60 without doing Shadowlands intro?

Question in title.
I cannot bare to go through the intro anymore.

EtA
Did the Pandaria pet battles. Regular trainers, spirit trainers and fabled pet quests.
On my level 50 alt I got 38.51% of a level (no buffs used). Not a lot but something and it also levels my newly acquired battle pets.
Takes too long during the week as I work full timeand barely have time (read: energy) to log on for daily activities on my main…

When you say Shadowlands Intro, do you mean the Maw? of Threads?

You can get 50-60 through pet battling just fine, but Pandaria and Draenor are not efficient. Too much travel. For pet battles, you want to do one of two things:

1. Find a day a good Legion repeatable tamer is up. “Active Legion Quests” is shown in a box top left of https://www.wow-petguide.com/ That also has the advantage of levelling more pets in the process, and the speed is comparable to questing 50-60.

or

1. Pick a zone where you can find unending wild pets to battle. Personally, I go for the Icespines in Frostfire. There’s a levelling guide here: https://wow-petguide.com/Guide/44/Powerleveling_Guide&ScrollTo=2.2-Wild_Pets but if you prefer, the critters between Halfhill and Lucky Yi are another option, and so are the aquatics at Mistfall in the original phase of the Vale. If you don’t care about levelling more pets, you can find a faster team that doesn’t swap in a pet to level. I’ve got my average time down to 40 seconds with 2 Blackfuse Bomblings and a TCS.

That gets you the levels no problem.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t get you to Oribos. For that, you still have to cross the Maw. I don’t know whether a Warlock summon or a Mage portal would work, but I doubt those would open flight paths and covenants.

1 Like

The first thing to try is a summon or portal, if that doesn’t work, you’re stuck and will have to go through it again to get gear.

Great tips.
I have my main and one alt in SL now. Another alt has been sitting in ICC for weeks now but I just can’t anymore.
I only play casually and so my activities are limited. Was hoping to get a few more alts in SL so I could get mats for my main while leveling the alts instead of doing mindless farms.
I really don’t care about SL and only even started playing because of the lockdown and not having much of anything else to do to spend my time. And ofc still feeling some attachment to most of my characters.
I don’t really care about the gear. Eventually BoA’s will arrive which will be good enough to gear up for a following expac.
Seems one can use the mage portal to Oribos from level 48 (wowhead comments)

Don’t you still need to do the flight point opening quests to be able to farm?

I have no idea and really I don’t care. It’s just for fun, I don’t raid or anything. I can find another game to play if Blizzivision won’t make the intro skippable.

You can get a summons/Mage portal to get to Oribos. BUT you need to do the Escape from the maw to open flightpaths etc.

I really hope they can add an “I’ve heard this story before” option soon!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.