How to make Spires of Ascension not kill my PC

So my PC isn’t very good, it can run WoW at 25-30 FPS on the “2” graphical setting. I can live with that… except, in Spires of Ascension it drops way below that. There must be some kind of effect that my PC simply can’t seem to handle, but there are frequent lag spikes and generally the whole thing runs at 15 FPS tops, 10 at Devos.

It makes the already hardest dungeon even worse, lucky I got through a timed +10… I’ll dread the +15. Is there any way, any special setting, any effect to tone down for this dungeon?

5 Likes

Try to put resolution scale on 50% and all settings on 1 (keep projected textures Enabled so you can see ability telegraphics - like where something is going to hit). Also, you might want to use particle density on high only at the last 3 mobs before Devos to see some projectiles, but after them you can turn it off.

Last, but not least, since 9.0.5 there is a big FPS issue for a lot of people. People with all kinds of hardware (including very good PCs) are experiencing huge FPS losses in zones like Bastion and Spires and lower FPS losses in other areas, so you might also have this kind of issue.

1 Like

join us
+++https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/important-fps-drop-since-patch-today-pc/259223/31+++

Buy gtx 1080 and 4790 i7 and 8 gb ram + ssd ,like the game requirements for shadowlands expansion say.

there,it fixed in spires of ascencion.

1 Like

Not sure if to take you seriously or not. People with much better hardware than the SL requirements are having the same problem. Also, if I had no problem before patch, but after the patch I have this FPS problem, how is my hardware at fault ? Does it change from 1 day to another ?

3 Likes

SoA but also starting anima conductors in Bastion, Ardenweald and Maldraxus is the reason for fps drops, got a permanent stream? Then you got permanent fps drop!!.
Please check the other topics about this problem and help us bring this to Blizzard there attention.

Is anyone knows how to fix this issue at Mac computers? Specially with M1 Macs?

Try to change DirectX version

Please do not bump or necro 6 month old threads.