How to make text to speech read quest texts?

Heya folks :slight_smile:

I retuyrned to play after a while and for my amazement, found out that there is now built in TTS suport which i was wishing for since Joey´s addon stopped working.

Now the problem is, that i have set it up nicely, but cant seem to be able to make it read quest texts which are the most important for me since im stoory and lore freak :smiley:

Does anyone know how to enable TTS for quest texts or does any of you know an addon that makes it working or something?

Thanks.

Hey Lilian, welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:

I logged on to check it out and I’m afraid it’s not possible.

Also found this post:

Note : Currently Text to Speech will only read chat, it does not read ingame menu’s or quest text. We are currently working to expand the Text to Speech feature.

1 Like

Thanks fopr reply :slight_smile: Nice to see they are working on improving it.

I remember the 3rd party TTS software and addon had a system where the addon sent quest texts to chat and read them from there. It stopped working after chat was crypted so the software could not read it anymore. Now that TTS is Blizzards built in and allready readsd chat, i wonder if similar addon would be possible… Hmm maybe i should download the addon that was part of the Joey TTS and try if it works.

In any case i felt very happy seeing how that system was in game now. It is big improvment for many <3

1 Like

No problem :upside_down_face: Glad to help.

I have no experience with it but I looked at CurseForge and found this addon called Quest TTS (it seems up to date)

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/questtts

Edit: I tested it out and it’s working. Just enter the “/qtts play” command when the quest window is already open.

Thanks. I think i have used that couple of times. I think i make a macro for the command so its just a keypress away when quest opens :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.