How to re-introduce glyphs

So I’m thinking that cosmetics could come in the form of glyphs again like the various demon glyphs and head shards.

However, I think there might be a cool way to make new ones available for slightly better cosmetic changes which would be through achievements.

I’d love it if they could bring back the old chaos bolt animation, but that might cost some hours in dev work so I’m willing to compensate that with game-time by doing an achievement. Maybe the glyph also comes in different tints so I could get an old school chaos bolt animation but it’s red or purple instead.

Any of you guys have any new cosmetic only glyph ideas you wouldn’t mind doing a bit of grinding for?

2 Likes

gimme glyph of chaos bolt with old animation and glyph of incinerate with the pre-wod animation and imma stop crying on the forums 4ever

1 Like

I need glyph for old shadowbolt

4 Likes

Actually not a bad idea at all, but lets be honest that will probably never happen since they also remove the “Use old models” feature, i think blizzard are just trying to overhaul the game to make it feel “Newer” just my 2 cents tho

1 Like

Glyphs for old infernal/abyssal models…The new one doesn’t even resemble a classic infernal, it’s a green earth elemental.

1 Like

Old spell effects are still in game, if you open model viewer for WoW, you may find lots of old models/visual effects are still present in game files.

I like new Infernal, but i understand love for the old esthetics <3

Glyphs could mean so much for personalizing your character… not just warlocks, but all classes, its way to much under used

1 Like

Its just sad that we have had this system that could have been used for so much customization but instead its either neglected entirely or they try something with it and make it mandatory.

Like we have had what half a dozen shadowforms for shadow priest which all could be a glyph and you could choose the one you like.

2 Likes

It really is a shame. Can you imagine all the possibilities with glyph combinations. Even if they brought back the triangular system- 3 minor, 3 mid - 1 major. You can have the major as changing the chaos bolt back to the old one for example. The mid tier ones as specific animations like character cast animations or maybe classic models and the minor glyphs as something like always on toys. Drag in a toy that you always want to stay on such as that blue tint you get from the drustrvar witch toy, maybe the blazing wings lmao I dunno. That could be such a laugh

I desperately wanna see glyph for old shadowbolt.

1 Like

Old chaos bolt plx - I miss the arching effect it had when went up over the fight then crashed down on the guy

1 Like

This. And old sounds.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.