How to solve M+ Leavers in one EZ step

Since Blizz does not interfere in things like party leavers or Mythic keystone wreckers , there is one very EAAAASY thing they can do :

Allow us to see how many “uncompleted” or “Failed” runs an Account has when someone applies to a group

From this point on , everything is left under our own judgment , if i see somone who did not complete 30 runs so far this season i will know , for sure , what button to press on my group forming tap.

This idea will not only solve the key wrecking problem , but this will make people think twice too before applying to join groups … " Be responsible , don’t be a jerk and wreck other’s keys , STAY & HELP " that OR find your self one day cannot join or make a Mythic+ group

Then , apply this idea to Raids too :slight_smile:

There need to be a system that is is perfect, otherwise people will abuse it.

I know that there’s a number of key i don’t finish because we will not time it and we just go 1 lvl less and everyone is ok with it.

Does that mean my “uncompleted” run will still go up 1 in this case even though it’s a totally normal thing and everyone was still happy?

just write “not in time - weekly” in a title, problem solved.

1 Like

Great idea, lets call this new idea Raider .io!

2 Likes

How are you applying this exactly to raids? What if someone only needs one boss they missed on guild night or they do a raid in 2 parts cause of irl or pugs disbanding halfway.

And for m+, what about guildies voluntarily giving up a key because they dont want to finish it.
Too many holes in your idea.

1 Like

Ah yeah another topic M+ leavers, cuz we definitely need more of those…

It cannot work! It will be abused! You cannot keep players you invited to your group hostages! Make sure everyone you invite knows in advance that you want to complete the key even if off the timer and only start the run if all agree.

Also, players leave runs A LOT in higher keys and it’s perfectly fine for everyone.

Eh, I feel like blizzard adding their own implementation of r io could be something that would help with leavers since I think they’d be able to collect way more information than 3rd party websites/addons that way. They could indeed add a metric which shows how many keys someone has left during the season for example, and this would punish the leaving mentality, since if someone leaves 30% of their total dungeons, you can assume they’re not very reliable.

This is actually the only decent idea that I’ve seen regarding this subject. Requires some attention from Blizzard though, and the people against r io would be even more angry since now the thing that they hate most is an actual feature. But it would be a good add, if we could see the % of the dungeons completed by characters.

Obviously you could argue that if a group disbands then everyone would be affected, and so the stats would be inaccurate because of it, but you’d have to remember that probably no-one would have 0 non-completed dungeons if they do a lot of mythic+ with pugs. It would just point out those anomalies who leave the most often. Whether it’s due to ill-intent or computer problems, I think both are very reasonable reasons not to take someone in your group.

Or, if a person leaves that many dungeons he could be part of a grp thats pushing high where it is normal to try again at a lower level when you cant time it.

There are holes in your recommended system the size of planets.

1 Like

True, nothing’s perfect, and I doubt a proper system could be implemented that easily. One thing I had in mind: instead of leaving the dungeon, there could be an extra button that would be something like “forfeit the dungeon”, and if the majority of the group said yes, you would abandon the dungeon and go -1 key down as usual. And if you used this button instead, it wouldn’t affect your leave stats. This would fix that issue, and some others as well.

Which in turn will be used to troll people, 3 friends intentionally messing around. Same with islands where people are getting kicked just before the win

Nope, it really can’t. Any system will probably cause more harm than good.

And this is simply how Blizzard seems to see it too: You form the group, it’s already completely in your hands. You are allowed to pick players however you want, putting up any requirement and whatever you can think of - we’re not going to add some punishment-system to this form of grouping up.

I highly doubt anyone can change their mind, esp not in this matter.

Oh, and you can’t do this already by just leaving?

So we agree, the recommended solution will not do a damn thing, and will not work… great

True, I don’t want the OP’s solution to be implemented either. It was just the first solution I read that actually could work if it was reworked a little bit, although it still wouldn’t be optimal.

Fair enough, but thats kinda my point, no matter the system, someone is gonna loose, and in that regard the current system where everything is just in our hands works best imo.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.