How to start wow with default settings

I got a warning hardware was changed: load default settings?

At this I did choose: NO.

Now the game doesnt want to start. It says it is running, and I see Wow using processor capacity, but nothing happens further.

Can I still chose to start Wow with default settings somehow? As it looks now, I can not play the game.

I think all settings are in the WTF folder. If you delete it, WoW should start from scratch using default settings. Also delete Cache and Logs.
So basically go to your WoW folder, then _retail_ and then you should see WTF, Logs, and Cache. There might also be an Errors folder. If you delete them, and run WoW again, it should start with default settings.

If you don’t trust me there is a link as well: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

I actually managed to get default settings via the Options icon in the launcher. I also tried to repair the game here which didnt work. (it said no repair needed).

I run WoW Classic. Will try delete WTF, Cashe and Logs folder now.

The problem has started to occur when I changed my videocard to an old one (GT640). While this is an old card, it is still massively good for Wow at low settings. It should work.

EDIT: Deleting the mentioned folders totally WORKED! Thanks a lot and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I am glad it worked. I realised I forgot to mention that you might need to make a copy of those folders, especially WTF as it contains your addon settings, chat settings etc. Next you will know already :slight_smile: