How to stay in WOTLK

How can you stay in WOTLK?
I have 0 interest to “progress” into a Cataclysm.

11 Likes

The solution is not available on Blizzard realms. Maybe they will launch Wrath seasonal realms one day, but not immediately.

3 Likes

You cannot. All the servers will move into Cataclysm. Blizzard has no plans to allow Wrath Classic servers up.

1 Like

from the looks of things the only way to stay in wolk will be playing on illegal servers again .

shame because of blizzard greed and stupidity people will have to resolve to this again .

6 Likes

They said no plans but they’re open to feedback. If ppl will cry enough they might open a server or two. If not there are pservers.

2 Likes

How to stay? Welp, you can’t. But at least when you cancel your sub write the reasoning behind it, maybe those greedy guys who never touched game but only care about money will understand it then. You can start over on Warmane, one day they might consider perma servers.

Sadly we cant, they claim to listen to feedback but only the kind that suits their goals, people like me have said time and time again since Classic was first a topic that we wanted to stay in a certain time period, they gave it us with era realms but then forced others to progress with no say in it what so ever entirely defeating the purpose of Classic, myself wanted BC realms but again they didnt listen, i stopped playing when Classic Wrath switched over full time. Greed wins yet again…

Most people wanna play Cata anyway so your best chance is to play on pservers.

cata is wotlk but better. i dont see the problem

1 Like

i dont see why people think having to play on private servers as a negative. they literally provide the best wow experiences

1 Like

I never really expected a “wrath era” solution. While I personally would like one, to a certain extent I understand why they won’t do it.

If you had permanent realms for classic era, TBC era and Wrath era the population would be spread too thin.

What I do hope is that after cata, they either stop and reset us back to either classic vanilla or BC to run through the expansions again or continue to MoP but ALSO start another set of realms to run through the first four (I’d prefer 3 but, would put up with Cata too).

The latter way would still split the player base, but in less directions than having a fixed era at every point available.

1 Like

and why blizzard doesnt ?

the answer is simple - they hate that classic fanbase if bigger atm then retail one.

if they kept tbc server and announced that they keep wolk big crowd wouldnt already move back to “w” months ago

1 Like

For all that realms u need to hold some support that can atleast somehow solve some troubles, keeping arena seasons with titles, to much hustle for few K people that still never will be statisfied, private people its not same as retail players, mostly they siting on privates cz its free.

“Private servers run modified seasonal Wrath” aka Wrath SoD like.

However people here demand Wrath Era. Name me at least one popular private realm that ruuns OG unmodified Wrath in Era aka endless mode.

By going to a private server like the rest of us.

this is another fail from blizz imo .

at this point they should have made all “past” era servers completly free .

as free museum of blizzard gaming.

they have monetization models which work- like selling gold / char boosts where they could make milions of $$$$

but they refuse . because they in fact hate players who enjoy classic.

thats why their try to push modified retail fomo MoP - likely instead real classic MoP after cata.

they really do hate that vanilla-mop is soooo much more popular with players that their new retail expansions .

2 Likes

Of course they do but not only they hate classic playerbase, they try to milk out the most! SoD is the only beginning, first stage of milking, trying to sell retail based spells mixup game as Classic Plus. At this point, I don’t even care. They can make all Era, TBC and Wrath servers free and add cash shop with transmog and mounts , just don’t touch core game. That cash shop will be more than enough to maintain couple servers.

2 Likes

Same bro Blizzard are blind to these people they didn’t care… Hey Blizzard someone was talking to you on your forums brothers!

Warmane i suppose or any other private server if you want to play WOTLK so badly :smiley:

1 Like

As a pvp player warmane is a better option xD Because warmane’s faction balace is good not 99,9 vs 0,01 like on every wrath classic realms. I skipped almost the entire wotlk classic because of this, the dead world is not acceptable to me. I was hoping that there would be an era of wrath with clusters like classic, with a population as one would expect on a server offering a “classic PVP server experience” but for now it doesn’t look like it will be.
Anyway, there are already a lot of options that divide the community, era-sod-cata soon-retail and now the mop thing. It’s surprising that all these servers are kept up, since ultimately retail is the main thing for blizzard, since the big cash shop is there. But they surely have statistics on how many people go to retail for spending more money, if they were attracted by one of the classic versions.

1 Like