How to Uninstall ElvUI

I search other posts but couldn’t find help. Forgot to take backup of WTF folder now i need to uninstall ElvUI completely. I uninstall from addons clean all lua files but still I have ingame issues. Worst one is there is no Hearthstone on me. Checked inkeeper doesnt work either.

I also need you guys to help me find a solid ui for bigger frames and easy bars. I’m new in game so i need to focus many things and i am having hard time catching all stuff. Hope i can explain myself.

/console cvar_default

Execute that after disabling/uninstalling the addon.

In the future, if you choose to reinstall it (and it’s a very good UI mod) just skip the CVar portion of the install wizard. Then you can just turn it off and it’ll be like it wasn’t there.

That’s not an ElvUI issue. Maybe you put it in your bank or something.

2 Likes

Thanks i did those and I reinstall the game. HS probably sold out to vendor automaticly. ElvUI is really looking good and practical perhaps. But changing game too much causing problems. Is there any other ui you can reccomend to me? Lite and solid?

What’s it doing that you don’t like? The whole thing is modular so you can essentially turn off everything you don’t want.

1 Like

Not all the errors i get but the biggest thing It changes a lot! As you said its fully manageable but the thing is i dont want to work on that! I want something more lite. I watched lots of guides for using interface but still there are some things i couldnt change. You see its manageable but not so easy. Anyway its a usefull and lovely ui i can say that if i cant find what im looking for i have to go back to ElvUI :slight_smile:

You do not get a Hearthstone when you start a new character in Exile’s Reach. It’s removed on purpose by the game, not by any addon. You have to complete the zone and you will be lead to Orgrimmar by the quest line. :slight_smile:

Oh i did that sir. Anyway i loaded ElvUI again i will give it another shot.

You can import profiles from https://wago.io/elvui if you don’t want to build your own from scratch.

Was more an answer as to why you had no Hearthstone. Also you completed the zone after you had made your post here. :stuck_out_tongue:

ElvUI is a lot to get used to but as Elvenbane has mentioned, it’s very modular and you can get profiles to get yourself started.

2 Likes

No HS was deleted by addon idk which one but i had it because i completed that first quest in orgrimmar. Anyway thanks a lot.

Yeh i installed many profiles and had many problems as well. For example today when i compare an item with my current by pressing shift that item keep poppin up on the screen everywhere i move my mouse. Another thing i want to see party as class like tank on top. I made that choice and i get dc weirdly and everything back to default including party options. I dont get it people keep saying its modular like its good thing. For me if you change something too much it breaks. Sadly this addon seems to be best option. So im working on it.

“forgive my poor english”

Oh i gotta show this. Cuz you guys really care thank you. Listen that after two days i played with elvui now i login to game and boom there is nothing. like i never used back to default. everything. no elvui. checked tukui client not showing in there as well. whoeeew.

Yeah, any time you’re making big UI changes make sure to /reloadui frequently as the changes aren’t saved till you reloadui or properly log out of the game.

No, it was not an addon. The game deleted it when you logged that character in for the first time because you started in Exile’s Reach. Which is working as intended. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.