How valid is discipline priest after 10.0.5?

I’m trying to play priest again, I like holy but I really want to try discipline priest. I know there’s M+ affixes where you just play holy all week, and that is fine.

I’m kind of speccing with all these shadowy talents, first because it’s fun, but just want something different. I play resto shaman, holy paladin, I also played evoker, which is good, but it’s not for me, too simplistic, I’m sure it’s OP atm :wink: .

I played resto shaman whilst everyone was saying it sucked, and it took a while, I tweaked my talents, and playstyle. Unlike most/ or some, I don’t copy paste the wowhead build and go. Sure, I started with it, just to see how it is, but I didn’t like it. Starting trying out stuff, and then I got the build that works for me.

Will probably try the same with this one, just wondering if it’s actually viable in M+. Of course, 10.0.5 is out for days, so can’t be confirmed 100%, but are there people playing it atm and think it’s decent ?

I dont know the details of their ranking and how they interpret the data, but subcreation (very useful site for anything m+ related) ranks disc as B tier atm.

The whole list goes like this:
S: rdruid, evoker
A:
B: disc
C: rsham, hpala
D: hpriest, mw

However it is a bit tricky to get reliable rankings for disc and holy, as their usage stats inevitably interchange a lot.

1 Like

Cheers, well., I do very well on resto shaman, and they’re C Tier it seems.

Holy Priest on D? I assume they’re (as always) looking at the dmg mostly, since holy priest is a healing canon.

I think the rankings are based on data from runs and looking at completion and on-time rates etc. Rsham and hpala have climbed to B tier now it seems.

1 Like

Ahhh oki, so if the spec is good but nobody plays it, it’s ranked F? :smiley: .

So basically it means nothing.

Btw, about discipline, how well does that go in pugs, since afaik, puggies don’t even check which healer they’re with :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think so, yes.

Wouldnt say that.

By design disc will be punished more than other healers when playing in uncoordinated groups where you have to do extra spot healing. That being said, the changes have made disc feel wayy better in m+. I havent tried any other healers than disc and holy in DF so I cant really compare, but Id say disc is in a pretty good place now.

1 Like

Learning to play at the moment :slight_smile: .

Yeah, understand it’s not like it means nothing, but if a few streamers say “healer x is bad” then some/most people will stay away from it.

In my case, usually it attracts me, since then I think “let’s see about that” and I try to make it work. Doesn’t always work, but different mentality :slight_smile:

Very true. Its definitely not a 100% accurate display of all the specs strength - but still a good indication.

Maybe a good mentality to have. For me it mostly boils down to how much i enjoy the spec, Ive tried all the healers at one point, but never enjoyed any of the others nearly as much as disc. Now in DF however I played quite a bit of holy because I didnt wanna drag the group down more than I had to. In most dungeons disc felt very underwhelming, but now after a bunch of dungeon nerfs and with the spec changes in 10.0.5 I feel like I can safely play disc again and actually contribute :smiley:

1 Like

I also focus on a playstyle I like.

The ones I don’t like are druid and monk, doesnt mean they’re bad, I just don’t enjoy that!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.