How we finding the pre patch?

Logged on for the first time today spent some time doing my talents again.

Played a couple mythic + and thought it was great… Then opened details!.. lowest DPS every run…

I use to be one of the highest…

Maybe time to move from destruction?

2 Likes

Destro is a little better right now but also has some issues where it’s not hitting as hard as it should. I guess we have to wait for TWW. I will say that both are fun to play, but Demo is totally broken right now and can barely take down trash mobs.

I had the same where I was usually high on the DPS list before, but was barely doing more than the healers after pre-patch in every run that I did last night.

1 Like

Well considering the crashing chaos loses 2 stacks when you use ritual of ruin.
Awful pre-patch, with many bugs that shouldnt even have made it past PTR

1 Like

The AOE damage is embarrassing at the moment. Cleave damage and single target isn’t too bad. Can still pump out quite a bit there…

I mostly played demo in season 4, but the lack of cores in the current version of demo is just terrible. It feels slow and clunky now.

I don’t really care about the current damage. I hope that will improve in TWW. My 515 lock haf 150k less aoe dps, than my ilvl 500 arms warrior, and on warrior I just mash random buttons because I have no clue. So I assume it is just weird scaling.

2 Likes

Without a doubt, Destro is much weaker than before. The fact that there is a ROF build for ST says it all.

While it’s bearable in raids, in M+ it’s terrible. Destro warlocks, who normally dominate M+ due to their ROF spam, have been gutted, and not just because Blasphemy has gone.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m usually a Demo main but the lack of cores has really hurt it for me.
I hope that gets changed at some point.

1 Like

Not quite sure if warlock damage is low or other specs are just too high. Either way it feels pretty lackluster.

1 Like

I must confess, I’m not sure whether I’m going to switch to my Mage. Lock feels off to me and my view is that it is suffering from button bloat. We can discuss the whole movement issue and no instant cast spells to proc. That is just my opinion.

I’m a destro lock mainly and it doesn’t feel right. Also, I refuse to use shadowburn. It’s a pointless spell.

EDIT: I’m actually starting to like Aff. It feels good. Vile Taint cooldown needs to be shortened.

1 Like

Buggy? Its really unacceptable tbh

1 Like

I also don’t use shadowburn and am trying to keep my ability bars as free as possible whilst not losing too much damage.

As a Demo player, it’s crazy because I’m only really using one extra ability that I wasn’t before but suddenly it does feel slightly bloated now whereas it didn’t at all before.

2 Likes

Seems decent in PvP, haven’t touched PvE content yet. My biggest gripe is that Bane of Havoc PvP talent doesn’t work, no AoE effect of Havoc is triggered whatsoever in combat.

2 Likes

I feel kind of annoyed.

Tried unholy dk earlier, the rotation just flows flawlessly then go on demonology and it’s a clunky mess where you constantly have to keep your dogs to line them up with fiend.

Then you have shadow, which is not tuned too well right now but gameplay wise it all just comes together so well. Super easy to get everything dotted and then thanks to psychic link you just slam all your deeps into a single target. And then you go on affliction and it’s a freaking nightmare. Why is vile taint cooldown 30 seconds? I mean just jesus christ having to tab all over the place to refresh dots constantly and the visuals are just meh.

At least destruction is still there but man, I don’t know. Stuff like this just pisses me off way more than it should.
Edit: also overfiend sucks compared to blashphemy, I want my blashphemy back!

3 Likes

So glad I seen this, I thought I was going nuts!!

Yeah demo feels so off somehow. Not sure why. But as you mention, getting more buttons doesn’t help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.