How's the Demon Hunter RP community doing?

I haven’t been keeping up with it, is there a community discord? Is there even still an interest in roleplaying Demon Hunters with focus shifting so heavily away from the Legion and all related things?

Does sitting in the corner of a pub and brooding Count?

5 Likes

The question isn’t how it’s doing but is it doing.
And the answer is not really.

Individuals may disagree.

5 Likes

The question about active DH guilds was brought up two weeks ago and some guilds have listed themselves here, no mention of a Discord however

Great, thanks for asking!
In all seriousness, demon hunters suffer from the problem of being an alt-class, that most people don’t want to commit the time or dedication to roleplaying, learning lore or just being active on that they would tend to do for other classes. That said, The Veiled Glaive find ourselves doing really well, with our events, cooperation with other guilds and a lot of other things. I’m currently in the process of writing a guide to DH RP which I’ll be sharing among a few trusted guilds and maybe one day posting to the forums if I can get over the anxiety related to making that big a post xD.
As Discords go, I wasn’t aware there was a huge amount of demand for one, but we (the Glaive and the Fel Hunt) have something on the down low, which we’ve been toying with making public for a while, if thats something theres massive interest in?
Oh, and I’m always up for being approached/asked about DH stuff so you can always feel free to get hold of me if you’re interested!

14 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=do+instruments+of+torture+count

2 Likes
3 Likes

I mean, if its a good guide and you feel you can defend your opinion/knowledge on stances within said guide…

Why wouldn’t you post it on the forums for all to see and learn from? :slight_smile:

I know I could surely use one before I ever dream of starting to RP my Demon Hunter once in a while! D:

Aside from that; there is a DH-Community?!?!

1 Like

Oh, it’ll all be sourced, and any speculation will be marked as such. I’m not a monster, just a demon. But I’m not a frequent forum poster and as such find it daunting to do. If you want Demon Hunter help in the meantime, my dms are open always!

2 Likes

Good because I’m VERY nitpicky

In the end we’re all just a lovable bunch that can’t actually affect your life in any significant way.
Nothing to be daunted by

5 Likes

Your DMs may be open, but when are you tanking my keystone?

Jokes aside, always loved and always will love the Veiled Glaive.

2 Likes

tomorrow, yeah? sweet ty ly asme’s never die

2 Likes

Ok asmes never die (when im alive)

2 Likes

There’s a couple guilds but in my experience they aren’t very out there in the world.
I mostly see DH as a companion class in other guilds rather than in DH only guilds and I think thats a good place to be as we’re so niche that being in our own groups doesn’t give much opportunity for interaction with the rest of the RP community.
The Legion war is over and aside from doing Doom RP (which is quite cool) there’s not much for a demon hunter to do, so maybe you might be looking for purpose, maybe you want to go back home and serve your people in a guild that accepts your class…

Like these guys perhaps…

8 Likes

From looking around the community outside of Asme’s group and Fel Hunt you do need to be looking for groups that incorporate DHs as part of their guild. Like the PCU guilds mentioned above. Unlike DKs Demon Hunters are pretty specific but it can still be very compelling to play with that idea of still being alive after the war you were supposed to sacrifice your life in.

3 Likes

Agree, preaching being obsolete whilst also learning to live an actual life is a very fun and interesting character arc that you can only really experience amongst non-DH gamers.

1 Like

I’d suggest interacting with a few guilds before joining them. This is my personal take on guilds in RP in general, but I tend to encourage testing the dynamics between Character :left_right_arrow: Guild before committing to a roster. Seems we have several options listed from Karzam and Rynore, so there are guilds on the table regardless of faction.

In terms of DH role-play overall, there are definitely things to be explored in the aftermath of Legion. As Virenna mentions; the fact that your character has outlived a war of almost impossible odds, a war which they mutilated themselves on several levels to prepare for, is something they now have to deal with.

What is the hunter without the hunt?

Of course, we know there are demons still roaming Azeroth. We see a few in BfA, and the Lightforged draenei comment on how those demons will need to be found and killed. There is yet prey to be tracked down for an industrious Demon Hunter.

Edit: Posted the above as a reply to someone. Reposts ftw.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.