Huge Fang bug

Hi, I’ve faced an opponent twice using Redridge Tarantula using Huge Fang, and it’s causing maximum damage (576) on every use. The tooltip reads:
1 Round Cooldown
100% Hit Chance
Deals 288 Beast damage. Damage increases by 72 each time it hits. Max 576 Beast damage.
There was no damage modifiers up, no beast racial etc, it just hit for the maximum ramped up damage every hit.

Was the battle happenig during the weather Toxic Fumes? If so, that whas the cause of the bug your opponent was probably exploiting. Toxic Fumes also bugs Vicious Fang in the same way it bugs Huge Fang. I’m not aware of other similar abilities affected by that same bug.

Sometimes forgetting this section exists, too…

To be precise the target being poisoned (the weather poisons both sides so it counts). I discovered it while dotting Whispers with Poison Fang.

puts on tinfoil hat
vicious fang seems to have worked differently when it (or rather pet battles in general) got put into the game. apparently the bonus damage used to be triggered when the target was poisoned. https://www.wowhead.com/pet-ability=156/vicious-fang#comments:id=1727896

my guess is that when they changed the ability/its tooltip to how it works now they forgot to remove the poison trigger… and huge fang probably is just a copy pasta of vicious fang so it comes with the same synergies

also smudge at remte

The huge fang/vicious fang interaction is alot more common now it can be enabled by Toxic Fumes.

The general consensus is that it’s something to do with a previous version of the ability still being active.

At least now you know about the mechanic you can play around it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.