Huge latency spikes every several minutes

Your personal comments about me “gz kid” says more about you then me.
Stop spamming in a topic that all you can offer to is:
“i dont have these issues so it must be between you and the servers which blizzard can’t do anything about :sunglasses:

well you started flaming like a kid so that says alot about you.
so stop trying to ask for help when you aint bringing any info to the tabel.

“i dont have these issues so it must be between you and the servers which blizzard can’t do anything about :sunglasses:

and you still dont bring any info at all so just continue flaming instead of giving info so blame yourself for not getting any help.

You just came here with no info/help at all. This is a technical support section where people are looking for help from Blizz. People here have tried many different things to get this issue solved and Blizz haven’t even said anything. Even: “We checked on our end and it all looks good. Please reach out to your ISPs”. Nothing. If you don’t want to help, don’t post and litter this thread. If everything works for you, and you don’t have any other ideas how to help people with this problem → go play WoW, becase as you gladly informed us all → You don’t have these issues.

Additionally, I highly doubt that this issue is on ISPs end, as threads were being made by people from UK, Poland and Italy. All using different ISPs. The issue appeared more or less at the same time. It is not coincidence. You can check other threads that died because people had to take care of this issue on their own because Blizz haven’t said anything about it.

So summing up, if you cannot help us in any way, go to other sections of these forums and post some stuff there.

5 Likes

then what about you starting to post something so i could help instead of being so toxic?
if you dont want help then dont post.
i never said it was your ISP but that is a good place to start just to get some info but i guess that isnt an option for you so sorry that i cant help you without info.
Blizzard dosent control the entire internet and neither does your ISP so basicly noone can tell you exactly what is happening unless info is given.
but here is a post from 2020 which also contain a blue post:

My reply is not toxic at all. I am simply trying to explain to you why what you posted is not helpful and provide you an insight why some people reacted the way they did to what you posted.

You are saying that you cannot help without any info → creator of this thread has posted a lot of information on his issue. So there is plenty of information here. Before you posted a “helpful” post (helpful in your opinion) which started the whole off topic discussion:

Now, providing a blue post from 2020 with a similar case is actually helpful. You could have started with that, instead the above one :slight_smile:

Try to understand other people who are frustrated after trying for few weeks now to fix it in many different ways. For me personally worked a VPN as some Italians posted it on the forum. But I can understand that this is not a long term solution as it shouldn’t be looking like this. Something has changed, and we are just trying to figure out what. Once again → this is not a single ISP issue in the same country. It would be highly appriciated if Blizz could at least try to investigate it on their end and after that post a blue post here and even say: “Not our fault. Closing the thread.” Lack of info from their side is worse than bad information from their side.

2 Likes

i am trying to understand other people and try to help but tbh a traceroute dosent really say much which is why contacting ISP is first thing since they can see alot more than we can :sunglasses:
i have been trying to explain things seen from my perspective nothing else.
that Blizzard also should look into it from their end is ofc also needed since noone can gather all info just from one side so on that i agree with you.
that we get frustrated when something like this is happening is something everyone have tried at one point.
also as you wrote using a VPN is ok at least just to be able to play til it get resolved but as you say not as a long term use also because Blizzard dosent support this and could be seen as something bad with Blizzard system :sunglasses:
but i am sorry if i have sounded like a complete a-hole since that wasnt my intension.

1 Like

Yeah agree. Those are only our assumptions based on this data. It would be nice to have Blizz point us into any direction.

Good that we are on the same page. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

You feed that troll pretty nicely, let me stuff him a bit more too pls

There are many pots around this forum or better, this topic regarding this issue. Not to mention a giant reddit thread. If the issue was purely PC based or YOUR own ISP based, it would be solved already, as there are many people like me, who know about stuff and can dig deep to solve these kind of problems. If I can play other online blizzard game - Diablo 4 and not experience even fraction of WoW latency issues, or I can be on discord whilst raiding, still talk and hear people, but can’t move in game, go figure what is the root cause.
We have pin pointed a single host that is faulty and there aint much to do on our end anymore.
World’s smallest violin for your contribution :boom: Brainmanager, I suppose a “half-brainer” would suit you more. Consider that.

2 Likes

just shows you dont know much then :sunglasses: i bet you dont have 30 years of experience but ofc you are the best of all and just too easy to blame blizzard for everything right? but thank you for no contribution so go play your little violin for yourself :sunglasses:

i was wondering if it would help to set DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

No it doesn’t help at all. I already tried. The only thing that works is VPN. Unfortunately I was forced to buy it. Maybe Blizzard has a partnership with most popular VPN providers lol

1 Like

ok thank you for your feedback :sunglasses:
i hope this get resolved fast though :sunglasses:

The issue persists. The spikes were fewer today, but they still happen every hour or so.

https://i.imgur.com/vpAAD9A.png
1 Like

Is it me or issue subsided? Done like several raids/keys during peak hours (20-23) and not a single delay/lag
ISP: Vectra, still connecting thru “faulty” nodes

Last 3 days I had no problem, but going to test it for another month or sobefore (maybe) I renew my sub for longer period. Probably just month by month, I don’t trust blizz anymore in anything.

1 Like

I had still same issue yesterday and 2 days ago so its still here

For me it continues to happen but compared to last week its not every 10 minutes. I can play casual modes like random battlegrounds without a need to have VPN (lol).

Topic about this same problem on portugal forum has 1 milion views btw.:

Blizzard has solved this very cleverly. A lot of people have the problem, but they are sitting on completely different language versions of the forums. The problem is on EU, US and PT. Thanks to the fact that the forums are not connected, there is less threads pointing the problem and MVP and others can just repeat this is fault on our side. But the problem isn’t local as they say, the MVPs and others probably know this but they are bouncing the ball with us and mislead others 8)

Btw based on Brainmanager I bet that nobody from blizzard reads these threads anymore. Dude made such a gigantic offtopic and they didn’t even delete it or tempban him.

2 Likes

Vectra, Poland.
Before my VPN trial was about to end I figured out why not give another shot and try something new, so I went into connection settings and started using manual IP addresses (DNS was not an issue, but I use 9.9.9.9 as I read that is the most secure open dns). Each address has a pool, so I tested out few, x.x.x.10 into x.x.x.20 and I settled with one that for some reason, I found was working perfectly. This ping ran in the background for entirety of when I had my pc on, it was like 10 days ago, I stopped worrying about it ever since, because everything is back to normal. Like with internet connection, sometimes it will drop packet here and there and yes, it means a game will lag for a bit. But its a short bit, 2-3s top, once every… 2 days. It’s not a m+ run killer or anything like that, it’s normal and I’m glad it’s fixed. I havent tried auto IP address and frankly… I’m not gonna check if it’s fixed for good, I’m ok with what I got.

Ping statistics for 185.60.112.158:
    Packets: Sent = 34805, Received = 34755, Lost = 50 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 447ms, Average = 37ms

Agree, I still dunno why no blue response was given. Although if I read correctly, from the last topic about this situation years ago, blizz basically suggested to wait it out. That’s great answer, definitely what people need.

Same thing for me :confused: