Huge XP gain from one battle, not sure how

Full disclosure, I am a novice pet battler so there may be a very simple explanation for this.
I was leveling an alt through WoD and doing a few pet battles while I quest to take advantage of the pet XP bonus week. I was doing the usual thing of having a low level pet in the group. I went to battle Gargra as I figured I could take her with two mechs and have the lowbie leech xp. The battle didnt exactly go according to plan but we got there. My second mech defeated the 3rd beast but died to a dot, my lowbie pet joined the battle and claimed victory as the last pet standing. Given that I had screwed the battle up (like I said, i’m not that great) I was relieved and then shocked to get 13,800xp and take the pet from level 14 to 23. I had been getting 2k per win against level 23 - 25 pets so this was a real surprise.
Is there an extra bonus for being the lone surviving pet? Or was it because it was against a trainer.

wild pets give very little xp compared to trainers.
that is why the best way of leveling pets is to keep fighting trainers that you can play against repeatedly (most of the legion trainers and squirt)
bfa trainers got nerfed in exp and aren’t worth it anymore for leveling

2 Likes

That explains it, thanks for the reply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.