Human or Dark Iron Dwarf? Which race would (lorewise) be a better fit for a (alliance side) priest comfortable with wielding both light and shadow?

I plan to roll a priest on the alliance side, while I know that there doesn’t have to be a direct link between gameplay mechanics and roleplay, I find I enjoy myself more when I can get immersed into any particular spec I’m playing.

So for that reason, I want to roll a priest that makes good sense lore-wise to play in any of the three specs. I currently have my choices narrowed between a Human Priest and a Dark Iron Priest. Although I am open to suggestions for other races of the Alliance

Worgen? Since they used to be humans, they probably know the Light, and then maybe after becoming Worgen, they “opened their eyes” to Shadowy powers?

Gnome? They seem to like experimenting, and being practical, maybe they’d see Light & Void/Shadow as just another tool to use?

Mechagnomes seem to me like they wouldn’t feel very strongly about neither Light nor Void/Shadow…

1 Like

Dark Iron most likely

2 Likes

Dark Iron :slight_smile:
They have really cool aesthetics and I feel it might keep you more engaged than a human.

2 Likes

Dark Iron dwarves are open about using shadow magic. One of your companions in the Legion class hall quests is a dark iron shadow priest. Moira, as a world boss NPC, is using mind blast on you. And there used to be a prominent Twilight’s Hammer presence in Shadowforge city.

For humans, less sure. There’s the Twilight Father and cultists of course, but they are gone full shadow. Same with the Scarlet raven priests. Perhaps an angle like a “confessor” or similar could work for a discipline priest.

2 Likes

Dark iron dwarves are sinister creatures by nature. Not evil, per se. But shady. So shadow magic is something they’ll use frequently.
But dwarves are also known to wield the light, so I vote dark iron.

Humans would be more inclined to wield the light. But both work nevertheless.

1 Like

Dark Iron would make a great fit for wielding any form of dark magic out there, shadow included, but I don’t see them as interested in the light side of things. Even the DID paladin bothers me a bit due to its lack of lore beyond some npc’s in a dungeon.

Human would be the better option imho. They wield the light, but are not necessarily bound to stop at it. Even the original concept of a discipline priest is more of an inquisitor, if anything, who works on the premises of “studying scripture both holy and vile in order to protect his flock.” That way you’d have a way into playing as a priest who worships the Light but believes he can use shadow magic as well, something around the lines of end justifying the means. Until he goes insane, that is. The raven bishops of the Scarlet Crusade, the discipline priest description, sounds about right.

1 Like

Noob u r…

I would suggest Void Elf as they are the ones that shift from “Light” to Void as such (with Light) being their default status etc. Works well with Discipline as mixed of Light and Shadow and then ofc you have the Light and Shadow specs in itself.

In regards to Human and Dark Iron, both fit well. Humans as we know always strive for more power so a Light priest researching more power so that helps with the Shadow side. Dark Iron Dwarf works well with Dark Magic (worshipping Rag etc), but not sure how well they delve into the Light side of magic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.