Hunter Gun Sounds

I always used gun as my part of my dwarf hunter fantasy ever since cinematic trailer for vanilla WoW, so I fully support desire to bring back old gun sound. Now is there only through addon. Since Blizz through time has implemented some of addons as an integral part of game structure, and by doing so made those addons without further need for their usage, so can they do it with this situation. Put old gun sound as OPTION in game settings so that ppl can have option and decide for themself. Interesting how this solution would cover both sides of this topic spectrum, those for, and those against old gun sound.

2 Likes

Actually it would be nice if they made it sound like a gun again, just maybe not super ear-sundering loud. The issue was never the sound it self, it was just a tad too loud and was non-toggble in volume

Can you show me proof that “most” people tought it was too loud?

A LOT of people complained about the old gun noises.

1 Like

Well there were masses of posts about it back in the days with complaints. you can google it and find the proof yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

well, there’s the fact it was changed due to demand…:stuck_out_tongue:

You guys play with sound?

o_o

You can, but not as a “direct” link.

Use this icon: </>

And you can create a link like this:

www.example.com

You can’t click it, but you can easily copy-paste it into your browser.

I agree.

I used to mogg my ranged weapons to guns, just for the sound, now I don’t even think on them.

If classic stays classic, than that’s a +1 for me to play it, since I miss the vanilla gun sound.
If they change that sound that’s a - 3 for me.

P.s. 1st thing I am going to do in classic is roll a dwarf hunter, just to see if the gun sound is correct.

Cheers.

Because the old gun sound was annoying , they should just remove guns and make everyone use bows and if dwarves don’t want to use bows, remove dwarves too.

1 Like

I also noticed from Classic WoW, their footsteps are a lot louder including for mounts.
Retail WoW footsteps are way too muffled and mounts are quiet in their galloping, in my opinion they should have an option to make footsteps louder too that shouldnt conflict with gun sound volume.

You’ve actually hit the right answer here’ engineering item that can be attached to any gun to reduce it’s volume. No effect on actual gameplay nor is exclusive with scopes or whatever else hunters use these days.

(I can’t even imagine a PvP scenario where the hunter’s position is given away by the gun noise. If it happened, everyone would use bow transmogs, no questions asked.)

you also are not supposed to be able to fire a blunderbuss under water but here we are. “realism” doesn’t come into it.

Having the guns sound like bb guns though is just wrong.

1 Like

That is Blizzards way of doing “expansions” of content. Just add a few new zones, some quests, a raid, and then spend the rest of the time looking for things to remove. Especially if they add flavour to the game.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. If you are bothered with loud gun sound, go pick bow. It’s a gun, it will be loud. That sound makes gun as a gun. Rather than fretting, go pick crossbow or bow. Blizzard failed terribly by this decision. Yes, some of the players can dislike the sound of gun but other players play it because of the sound.

Now we are all mogging our guns as a bow. I wish you are happy…

What a top tier braindead reply , unless you are trolling or b8ing

2 Likes

Unfortunately I believe some of these people are serious, they apparently don’t like loud noises like Brick from anchor man :smiley:

I went to curse site and found the addon.
But it seems I am doing something wrong.

I downloaded the addon put the addon files in this folder:

‘C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/retail/Sound/Spells’

Can someone help please ?

Thank you.

Jellyfish farts!!! dude you made my day

2 Likes

No idea, didn’t work for me either so if anyone else can explain it would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like