Hunter: Lag Spikes when pets are out!

Basically, every 4-5 seconds when playing my Hunter (be it BM, MM or Survival) I experience a lag spike, but ONLY when pets are out! :grimacing: And no, my router is fine (using the 2.4GHz, since in my case it works better than the 5GHz), and yes, my PC is a mid-high spec machine and not a potatoe. Everything has been checked out and works a-okay, both software and hardware. Also, Iā€™ve done every ā€œfix procedureā€ multiple times (like copy/rename old WTF folder, clear cache, addons off and on, client repair option, reinstall game and client, router setup, monitor setup, update GPU, update PC overall, etc.) So ā€¦ what is this sorcery? :thinking: Other classes/specs are doing fine and plays fluently - no lag spikes on a Warlock with pets out, DK with pet out, Mage with pet out, or even a Monk and Shaman with their CD pet out. This has to be an issue/a bug in the game, something that Blizzard needs to fix. Please reply if any of you have, or rather see this problem in-game :slight_smile: Because I canā€™t be the only one, I just canā€™t :sweat_smile: Thanks!

Hello Kujerro,

Turning addons just on and off might not have the desired effect because some tend to still be active in the background. I would suggest that you do a full Interface reset.

Kind regards

Whatā€™s your opinion?

Well it was implied, but yes, I have also done that, so what now? :thinking: I have since found other players with this same exact problem, and also Eiwo / Aiwo has posted about it: FPS spikes with pet out - #2 by Hagut
This has to be a game issue, and not a PC issue. I look forward to a response :slight_smile:

Hello again,

Thanks a million for testing it. I would suggest to report it via the bug report tool so that the right people are made aware.

Kind regards

Whatā€™s your opinion?

Hello. I canā€™t believe that this problem still exists. I quited playing the game 1 month ago and I reported this issue sending a bug report and also sending a ticket. The GM told me that this was a known issue and probably the pet was the problem because there were many hunters having those spikes . And this happened like 2-3 months ago or maybe older . I cannot remember for sure. TBH, having such an issue for so long itā€™s unbelievable and having so many people reporting this without fixing itā€¦itā€™s a damn shame .

Anyway, I can say for sure that even if u change the pets , the issue still exists. Clearing addons etc will not fix it. Probably switching DX12-11 or using Vsync wont fix the issue. And ofc, as the others said, this happens the moment u summon your pet. When u press the summon pet button , u can clearly see a small spike and keeps doing it until u remove pet. I know that BM class itā€™s pretty easy but they need more attentionā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I feel like I gave a massive amount of info on this subject, yet you still ask for things that have already been tested. Full reset. Man, I even tested it with a clean install and several different pcā€™s because I had the time to do so.

Kujerro linked to my post with the massive amount of info on this problem and what has been tested.

1 Like

This has made me quit my Hunter especially :frowning: Done everything, but Iā€™m on the verge of giving up! Heck, Iā€™ve been bug reporting this exact Hunter issue since Legion ā€¦ Also, since WoD I have been reporting other issues like f.ex. male Pandaren hands opening up when you zoom out, and female Belves cracking backs when they /cast or /use under or in water, etc. BUT nothing of it has been fixed yet ā€¦ 5 years!!! xD

I started having this issue with constant stutters since the 8.1 patch (only as BM) and itā€™s only happening on my hunter. Made a ticket, but i got the standard reply ā€œRun the game with no addons, delete this and thatā€ Done everything, even had a fresh reinstall of windows, and itā€™s still happening ā€¦ i guess we can only hope that somehow, 8.2 will remove this problem, Fingers crossed.

Weā€™ll see. I canā€™t play my hunter because of this bug. Itā€™s horrific.

28 July 2019 and this bug still makes my favorite class and spec, BM unplayable. Is there any hope this bug will be fixed?..

Still very confused as to why iā€™m still having this issue only on my main >_> Steps iā€™ve done so far:

• Reinstalled Windows.
  • Reinstalled the game.
  • Deleted WTF/Interface/Cache + Reinstalled the game.
  • Messed around with Ingame and Nvidia settings.

Iā€™m using the same Elvui profile, and the same addons on my alt hunter, and i donā€™t have the stutters on that. Iā€™m close to giving up on this honestly.

Should note, this only started happening, after the Tides of Vengeance patch, was fine before.

2 Likes