Hunter M+ Low damage

Hi I recently started playing wow and noticed my damage is really low compared to other classes. Mainly everything.

I like playing hunter so will continue to do so because I like the pets etcetera.

In a recent M+15 dungeon I undertook with some fellow team mates and 1 Russian that left half way through causing the group to disband I noticed that my damage is considerably lower than shadow priests and I was getting out damaged by a class spec 15 item levels lower than me. This cannot be right or fair. 15 item levels difference is wayy to low to not to go unheard of, especially as a hunter is a sole dps spec and classes like priest can heal or dps to their choosing. I just want to make blizzard aware that this is clearly unfair and they may want to look at the current hunter configuration and considering buffing some abilities, multishot for instance, giving more damage output. Or increasing the bleed damage talent to balance the class and equalize its damage to a priest for instance. Maybe even buff cobra shot a bit, I think im getting criticals of about 30k which is low for overall damage, id be thinking somewhere around the 50k mark for a main damage ability.

1 Like

Hi I assume you play bm as you mentioned the pet side of things. BM is one of the weaker specs in the m+ scene but is still viable and can do good damage. Personally I play survival and it pumps. SP is kinda the meta spec as you start to get into higher keys so i would expect them to be toping dps meters.

I would suggest checking out some youtube vids for tips on things like rotation, stat priority, talents etc etc. You shouldnt be getting out dps’d by people 15 ilvls below you on a 15 key.

Give us your armory to see and suggest things

Why does this matter? The goal should be balance across all specs, hybrid classes or not. Shadow priest currently is quite overtuned. I’d still watch guides and maybe higher level BM gameplay to see whether your numbers are good. I’ve seen BM hunters in the mid-upper brackets of M+ so they can’t be that bad.

1 Like

The BM hunter of my guild is over 3K M+ rating and top5 of the server. She’s in a full party of irl friends and from her own word, she’s getting carried pretty hard.

No, hunter is in a bad spot, doesn’t mean you can’t find a group to do a +20 but if you’re looking to push beyond that, well, hunter is not the choice.

MM need more than a buff, it needs a rework but apparently we are not a priority so hunter can go to hell for the next 6 months.

And they’re now capping kill cleave to 8 targets!

Way to gut the only good thing a spec had blizzard!

1 Like

I dont think dmg is a problem, im always topping the metters. I run mostly 17-19, and im ALWAYS first in dps. Ofc i fall with dmg on bosses but its like -10k ~~ from “meta” specs. Burst of other spec are stronger, but i have my dmg every pack. The issue is that we dont have much self sustain. I mean our survi is fine, we have few emergency buttons, but lech from pets apply to us would be avesome. If we get any party buff we will be fine. And if we get any single target buff like 5-10 %% we will be TOP.

1 Like

My bm hunter alts DPS seems pretty strong on everything above 3 mob packs.

Hi mate, you should give Survival a try, we do fkin crazy damage.

Its a little bit trickier to pick up than BM is but it sure does slap.

We would need a armoury / log to find out.

Theres lots of things such as uptime to rotation that could be the flaw here, BM isnt meta, but its damage is fairly strong.

Id recommend maybe checking out some guides and maybe try figure out what ur missing.

Performance relative to others isn’t a good way to judge because the other dps could be good or bad players. I did a FH +19 yesterday on my BM hunter, and I was top dps, above a balance druid and ret pala who were both higher ilvl than me. All it would have taken for me to drop down would have been the ret pala to be competent and know how to use their CDs and burst. Later in the evening, I did some keys with better players, and I was 3rd dps (although they were 5 - 7 ilvls higher than me). From what I’ve seen, BM isn’t weak in keys. It’s lower middle of the pack - there are stronger classes/specs, but there are also weaker ones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.