Hunter pet health bars?

Simple question, and seems puzzlingly tricky:

How do I, as hunter, get health bars over my pets so that I see their status right there where they are? (Especially since the unit frames only show the main pet, not the second beastmaster pet.)

Blizzard has disabled the ability to customize friendly nameplates while in instances and raids so any solution that works in open world (Plater etc.) won’t work in those settings regardless.

You’re better off moving your player and pet frame to somewhere more central in your UI so you can keep an eye on things.

I am using KUI Nameplates and am getting health bars for other players in instances and everything just fine. And I play my hunter mainly in the open world, so I still need a solution.
I can activate my pets’ names, but they behave like other-faction players for some time. Maybe you meant that change. Non-hostile players of the other faction cannot be nameplated.

I was referring to this:

Yes, you can still display friendly nameplates in instances but they’ll be the Blizz nameplates.

Interface > Names > Friendly Player > Minions - is the best you can do.

1 Like

I just checked my screenshots and indeed, the friendly nameplates are not Kui. I didn’t quite realize because there are health bars, just thin ones. (Probably to the annoyance of healers.) I thought something was off with my addons on my alts at the time.
But then it should work at least outside of instances. Apparently there is no solution for my problem and Blizzard, as so often, doesn’t consider it necessary either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.