Hunter Pet Issues tbc classic

Anyone having issues with hunter pets?

I tamed a Ravager last night and it is gaining no xp, training points or loyalty and has no skills at all (i expected it to have bite or claw or something but it has nothing at all)

Have tried abandoning and taming another but it’s the same issue. This then got me thinking - my previous/current pet (cat) does gain xp and is at best friend level but also hasn’t gained any training points in a long time - stuck on 88 and I haven’t been able to train it any skills in ages…

This is an account closing issue for me - I’ve raised a ticket (even though no category exists that fits) I got an automated response after about 12 hours pointing me to the forums so not hopeful of getting any kind of resolution…anyone else experiencing similar?

I know it’s a bit of a late response, but I’m hoping you’ll see this anyway.

Firstly, pets can’t level past your current level so it is totally normal for your pet to not be gaining XP if it is the same level as you. For example if you’re level 60 and the ravager you tamed is also level 60, it won’t gain XP until you hit level 61.

Secondly, there are some beasts that don’t have any skills at all. Some of the ravagers are included in this so you’ll want to use the ability Beast Lore before you decide to tame one of them to see what abilities it has. If it doesn’t show an ability, then it won’t have any when tamed.

Lastly, you get training points in 2 different ways, one is via the loyalty system, the other is by levelling up. Seeing as you have already reached best friend status (which is the highest possible) you’ll only be getting further training points via levelling up, and you don’t get too many per level so it’s understandable and normal that you feel like you’re not able to train it in new skills very often.

Also as a side note, if you’re new to the pet system I recommend visiting a website called petopia, there’s tons of good info on there and it also has an updated version for TBC Classic.

Hope this helped.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.