Hunter Visual Update, dire situation

Hello everyone,
I hope this post will get noticed, especially by blizzard team. I know everyone at blizzard have a lot of work.
So there is one thing that keeps frustrating me with hunters, especially it’s visible when you play MM and that is the visuals, they look so bad and outdated. I played almost every class in this season and there is no other class that has as bad visuals as MM hunter. Yeah Kill Shot looks okey’ish, sound effects for Aim shot are OK but the rest is just nothing. Is there anyone who would agree that aim shot for example should have a cast animation, anything like some energy gathering in to the arrow, True shot could look a bit more spicy, now you can barely see that you are with True shot on and when you’re casting aim shot it’s literally just a guy holding a bow like a regular auto attack with no effects whatsoever. Same goes for Volley when you cast it the character lifts his bow like he’s having a stroke or something, there is no fantasy of him firing arrows in the air and them raining down on the ground. The circle where volley arrows hit the grounds literally is arrows falling from like 1 meter height, like really? Steady Shot I don’t complain because it’s like an auto attack that gives Focus, but then aim shot looks exactly the same just with a better sounds effect.
I could go on and on, I am not yet hunter main but man do I feel bad for people who are maining hunters, don’t get me wrong, class feels great, but man does it look visually pathetic compared to basically any other class in the game. Warlocks when they cast their aoe you can see literally fireballs raining down from high up in the sky, looks so fleshed out and now go ahead and cast a Volley as a hunter and I mean look very closely how it looks, it’s nothing to compare, it looks straight up bad and I think out of every class I played in the game hunter needs a visual update the most. Every other class I played I haven’t felt this feeling, everything looks cool and nicely animated, some look better some look worse, that’s just a taste preference, but Hunter just feels like it’s still stuck in year 2000, it looked almost the same back in the day.
If you guys agree with me please comment your opinion, make this post visible and maybe we will get this at some point, maybe even in dragonflight later patches.
Wish you all the best, Hunters!!

2 Likes

I agree my fellow hunter, specially the string and arrow models for bows, straight from 2004!
I also think that we could have quivers in our backs so it doesn’t look like we are getting our arrow from out butt, but not quivers like in classic with the ammo, more like just the appearance, with various diferrent quivers that we could transmog, and an option to hide and have no quiver for people who prefer to have nothing in their backs

That and please let us run decently with a gun or a crossbow unsheathed, not like we use them as maces

2 Likes

I think many specs suffer from this. In my opinion its not only a visual problem but also a sound problem. The character running, and hitting animation are too jumpy and the sounds are crappy. I think most of the bad sounds and animations were introduced in the legion client when many spells and effects were overwritten.

A few examples:

Auto Attack for any class and spec. (2004 auto attacks looked and sounded better)

Entire outlaw rogue (minus roll the bones)"

Blade of Justice, Divine storm

Shadowbolt, Demonbolt

All of frost mage

All of the above are terrible and the changes just ruined them. I wouldn’t mind seeing abilities reversed to what they used to be, but being realistic this isnt going to happen… I just hope someone does something about it cause gameplay/combat visuals in an mmo are very important to the health of the game, even though its subconcious for many people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.