Hunters feel EXTREMELY dated

I don’t want to seem like i’m always moaning, but the class as a whole seems really dated.

Hunters are the only class that lost mobility over time.

• They used to even have double disengage with readiness, along with other abilities that would help either kite or keep us alive.

• Used to have monkey stun and it got removed, it was great against classes like rogue, where you could stun them inbetween cheap and kidney. We lost this, but Locks and DKs can freely do this, and our intimidation stun can only be used when us and our pet are out of any kind of CC, including roots. How is this fair? Locks even have range on their pet stun like us, but can use it while they are stunned or even while their pet is rooted.

• Hunter’s used to have AoM dodge and it got removed. WHY? Especially SV could really use that back.

• Why not give MM back instant Aimed Shot, or at least castable while moving.

• Can someone who is more articulae than me help me explain how we STILL are stuck with Turtle as a major defensive? When you compare it to any other major defensive, especially for non-hybrids, it is laughable. We have a defensive we can rot and die in, cannot attack in, and gain ZERO benefit from except future application of harmful effects. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to heal for a good chunk of HP? Be able to use your abilities? I mean ret can use their abilities and take no damage, we can’t and rot down to death with dots, AND can be rooted or slowed in turtle. The DH defensive talent for 1 point is a FAR superior turtle than the one we got. Mage also take no damage and can heal off ice block, granted it can be dispelled by a whopping 2 classes.

• Why do we have the, THE worst heal in game??? We have ONE heal on a freakin 2 min CD, unless we take talents to help push the cd down slightly. All while warriors, rogues, mages(Shields), locks etc etc all have heals that heal around the same or more on 1/2 to a 1/3 of the Exhil CD. It is absolute madness.

Hunters literally are the only class in game where we lost CDs that help create distance, and are also the only class that helps our target close gaps by having to use CC that we cannot break in order ot get distance, thereby helping our opponents gap closers go off cd lmfao. Remember we have disengage, and as an example warrior used to have charge x 1 and that was it, yet over the years he got an extra charge, a leap, a ranged stun, 2x root breakers etc. If we CC him, all we do is help his gap closer come off CD as we cannot hit him while he is in a trap or root. If he fears our pet, we literally cannot stun, cannot freedom or use RoS, even worse as SV, you cannot build focus and you cannot burst.

Yes the class is more than playable, but the amount of absolute dross you have to put up with is hilarious.

I am not gonna say the class needs a complete redesign, but it certainly needs to be looked at, and updated a bit.

EDIT: Just thought I would throw in the biggest evidence of blizzard truly not giving a single eff word about hunters… Are you ready??

Butchery vs Carve. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hunters suffering from the common issue of

“It was always fine so never needed reworking” issue. Because hunter has always been a high performer, a extremely popular option and wasnt regarded to have many issues in previous expansions.

It means its kit never took a rework and brought uptoo todays rework standards and instead of blizzard taking the initative to rework the specc as its sat in a identical set up for many many many years to freshen things up.

Theyve left it til its started falling apart and here we are.

Sometimes, building on whats already there doesnt work, and sometimes it generates a feeling of staleness around the class.

I do kinda wish, we saw more Proper reworks in some expansions, not every expansion ofcourse, but a propwr change up to how a class and specx works.

1 Like

Hunter has always been one of the most popular classes for casuals, most of who were BM so they could collect all the purdy Spirit Beasts. But the community hasn’t really recovered from the SV change from ranged to melee. Hunters left in their droves in Legion because of this. We’re seeing a lot of MM Hunters in BGs in DF only because the spec is so strong in that mode of PvP when left to their own devices.

1 Like

But what locks can’t do is tame 5 and abandon them after every stun and summon the next one.

Doesnt fit the long range sniper fantasy of the spell is my guess or it will make them as mobile as BM.

This one could use some change and not to forget the stupidly long CD on our defenses. A proper heal on it would be nice or simply a paladin bubble.

True.

In 10.1.5 mages get 2 extra heals plus ice block can be used as Dispersion with ability to attack… Hunters still have a 2 min heal with 3 min cd for 40% :smiley:
We need at least a 30 sec cd healing, like Warlocks, Warriors have, or Shield like Mages and Priests, or no cd self healing like any Hybrid

Agreed, the hunter heal is a joke compared to Paladin having Word of Glory whenever they can afford to cast it, a full heal in the form of lay on hands, a flash heal, AND bubble.

Turtle needs to dispel debuffs like bubble does, as it has a shorter CD than bubble it disabling attacks seems fair, although it also seems to be something that was grandfathered in, as for a long time the paladin bubble also stopped them attacking if I remember correctly.

In addition to the defensive cds that are inadequate and have an absurd recovery time, I’ve read that the bonuses of the new tier set make you lose dps compared to the bunus of the first season tier set.
Does anyone have direct evidence of this?

for BM pets needs to get their more speical abilities back also, considering pets used to have some intresting abilities like frost breaths and stuff, what pretty much is gone now, and pets needs an overall buff in dmg buy about 15% or so.

BM hunter it selfs, needs a rework, though not to much, for example explisive shot could be come a buff ability for multi shot where it gives a fire dot to multishot or even the explosive part there, or give cobra shot an the explosive shot as an buff.

after that make haste gain from items, have more impact for hunters specialy BM, probably again atleast 10% more haste gained from haste or so.

also lower the focus needed for abilties whit about 10% though might not be needed if you would get more gain from haste.

you could se this well in BF, when hunters got the right corruption gains and got the haste they realy needed, how good they could be, but in both SL and DF they nerfed hunters instead of actualy looking on why where hunters so good in BF.

Haste is like the strongest stat for all 3 specs right now, it has nothing to do with haste.

BM was good in dragonflight solely because of dance for death trait, that’s all.

Every new Tier set is bad compared to season 1 not only hunter, there are some classes that has a decent set but that are not alot of classes.

1 Like

The whole hunter/ranged (weapon) class needs an overthinking, although BM is “ok” but lacks diversity, as SV is more BM as Bm seems like a cold master who doesn’t really care about their pets too much, adds some bandage to them so they hardly die.
Ye, the Evil Beast Master lol

As for SV they “married” their pets, yet their Kill Command ability is lackluster.
Lastly, MM is just a living turret, we cannot talk about too much unique gameplay there or alternative.
In short wow just can’t seem to handle ranged weapon classes (or hunter in general).
Except for damage tunning, they bandaid it like that like forever.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.