I am not so sure Sargeras wanted to kill Azeroth

this made me ponder, if sargeras realy wanted to kill all titans, why didnt he kill Argus or destroy the hole planet, instead he kept him alive, for what to make him join him, I do not think so, Argus was tortured that is for sure, but it think this was to turn him to join the legion, I think he was tortured becuse Argus was never good, he was evil from the begining, argus was actualy a shadow titan all a long, and sargeras wanted to turn him to become something else.

Same was whit Azeroth, she most likely is a light titan again, and Sargeras wants to turn her again to serv him instead, to fight the other titans and the void.

thing is Sargeras had plenty of time to attack her, when we where fighting Argus but he didnt, he only stabbed her when the other titans dragged him back, like an last resort to stop Azeroth from joining whit the titans or the void lords.

though sargeras is twisted, and have no real feeling against anyone living on the planets at all, but at same time he aint stopid, becuse why take over planets when could have just destroyed them instantly, it doesnt make sence.
due to this, I think there is other titans already alive, refuling the burning legion, and there is almost for sure also titans working for the void now.
and a full cosmic war against the titans, is about to start, most likely between the void titans and fel titans, whit Amanthul and his titans, in the middle. Azeroth is most likely neutral due to this now, becuse neighter the void lords or sargers has got to her fully, could even she who starts the fight.

Because he exploited Argus’ world soul to serve as fuel to regenerate his armies faster when they died across the cosmos.

Edit: Misread the OP! Yes, he indeed suffered from this, but this is pretty much the reason why he was kept alive for so long a time period.

yeah I dont think he showed mercy to argus, that is for sure, but still i think argus was twisted anyways way before, thing was it was not like the other titans tried to calm him down or even help him eighter, they just let us fight him, like they realy didnt care, exept eonar, the others helped a little but well not that much, and it aint like they could not have done so, considering moments later they just drag sargeras back, like they almost waited for him to kill Azeroth, but maby they freaked out when we actualy did kill Argus.

We can speculate, of course. It is hard to tell what Argus was before, when we come to meeting him he is already corrupted beyond saving by the Burning Legion.

This is likely why the rest of the Titans showed themselves passive in regards to his demise. I would argue, it could very well have been an act of mercy in their eyes.

yeah though it is wierd he uses shadow magic, more than anything else, you would think he would be corrupted buy fel, but he was not he, was corrupted buy the void, what is quite odd, and for sure Sargeras or the burning legion did not that, it was someone else or Argus was always aligned whit the void., but we might never get to know the truth there.
offcourse there was some void on argus already, but not enough to corrupt a titan.

It’s mentioned that Sargeras secretly wanted to corrupt Azeroth. He knew that she was the strongest titan and could have fought the Void Lords themselves one day, so it makes sense he wanted to wield her as a weapon against his enemies. He did the same thing with the other titans, he wasn’t trying to kill them but twist them and create his own Dark Pantheon.

He tried to kill her at the end because he knew he was going to lose, so if he couldn’t have Azeroth, nobody would. But his original goal was indeed to corrupt her, and I think this is even mentioned somewhere in Legion (in one of the artifacts stories I think).

1 Like

Scepter of Sargeras quest/storyline, yeah.

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth’s slumbering world-soul–and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth’s world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras’s conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his.

And yes, you’re reading that right. Sargeras had a crush on Azeroth.

Still a better love story than Twilight, as the memers of yore were wont to say…

Sargeras sounds like a simp to be honest.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.