I Am Undead And I Need Help

This is the thing as well, nobody argued that it couldn’t be done at all. Merely that you have to keep in mind what sort of character it is and what suits. And even then, other players might think differently or their characters might not agree IC.

But that was met with immediate backlash of how it is wrong to not readily accept any undead no matter what, who or where.

Okay then, when did it become about san’layn? (which is what I thought the original argument was since the whole thread is just filled with it now)

1 Like

This is also an amazing statement and the reason why I find Undead so fascinating! You guys are making me so proud today :smiling_face_with_tear:

They wrote a short poem relating to San’layn for fun of it and it went arguing from there as people started to say they were roleplaying one & explaining how that might or might not work depending on the situation.

Which was then unclear for a while(Until they openly said to just be playing an undead blood elf) as they constantly kept mixing together regular undeads, undead elves, darkfallen & San’layn to all be the same thing while arguing that any undead concept would work anywhere no matter what because undeads are accepted.

Oh… sweet Jesus.

How can one person keep melting down for a week straight? Oh, right, they’re an Orgrimmar San’layn “RPer” :clown_face:

2 Likes

Combined with the poem they at the time also wore a very stereotypical San’layn set (ICC mage) and held a lot of rage in Rotgarde’s recruitment thread over them not accepting their character because she is an undead elf that isn’t a dark ranger.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know this was connected to another thread. I know they were annoyed about not being recruited(as that was part of the discussion much earlier), but I thought it was all in this thread.

1 Like

To be fair, I also do that on my darkfallen priest. I like the set.

This however I missed.

Yeah it was a very bizarre display

I never did say they’re the same thing and I never would’ve. Because it’s not true.

Still mad that I called out your guild master? Oh don’t worry, one day you’ll get over it :hugs:

I never contacted Rotgarde members and asked for recruitment. The criticism on my part was about the phrasing they use in their advertisement.

Then how did you know they didn’t accept that character concept?

From the comments, duh

Between your two attempts at prodding them in this thread and your borderline elitist take in the other one earlier today, I’m getting some toxic vibes from you.

And I’m saying that as the quote on quote toxic talking head of the forums, so I clearly have some authority on the subject.

2 Likes

This is the problem, because you are saying this now, yet every argument you’ve done in this thread has seemed like you do not understand the difference.

As every time someone has argued that certain undead characters might not work everywhere, you have immediately dismissed it as saying “no undeads at all can be roleplayed” and how that is wrong.

1 Like

When we were discussing that I asked why you can’t accept the possibility of a risen undead to gain control of their actions and join the peaceful sentient undead community. No one could elaborate on that. Then I asked how you think non-DR Darkfallen came to be both in the Horde and in the Alliance. And I know that some people are very critical of this type of the undead. It pointed to the differences in our perception of the race and the lore. That’s all.

1 Like

I’m so tired.

2 Likes

Okay then, lets say your theoretical risen undead who can’t blend in with the rest decides to try and join the forsaken.

What makes you think the forsaken aren’t going to shoot first, ask questions later?

EDIT: Should also add, why this undead in particular? (whether it be a san’layn or whatever). Do we have one in the lore who has joined the forsaken already? That didn’t eat all the crew of the ship they were sailing on and eventually died.

1 Like

But they accept Darkfallen? Morningstar literally plays one. I also never said you contacted them, I said you were mad about them not accepting your character. How could you know they do not accept Darkfallen without contacting them first?

2 Likes

Do y’all ever get that brief yet potent feeling of self-realisation that what we’re doing (arguing on a video game forum practically dressed up as 3D fantasy figures) is inherently silly?

2 Likes