I changed e-mail in my Bnet account – now I cannot log in via Bnet app

I have updated my e-mail in the account. The desktop application will no longer let me log under the old e-mail – understandibly – but I won’t let me update the e-mail in the login interface either.

Screenshot:
h t t p s://imgur.com/a/4giQeO1

(Just delete the spaces between https. Forgive me for circumventing the restriction.)

Put simply: How do I make the e-mail field “go ungray” and enable me to insert my new e-mail address?

Please help me. I don’t know what to do at this point. But I have a feeling the solution is actually quite simple and I am just overlooking something.

PS:
A few other facts about my account situation I am sure how important they are, but I will rather mention them, anyway:

• Logging in with Facebook or Google account is out of the question, I have not my Bnet paired with these services.
  • I have the physical authenticator, but that thing is cca 8 years old and hasn’t been working for some time (yes, I have been sloppy not to replace it, and now it came back to bite me). For logging into my account here I have been using the SMS protect – but it appears this can’t be used in order to log into the game directly via wow client, it wants only the authenticator.
1 Like

Can you select “Log out” from the launcher’s menu (the big blizzard logo top left) or does the dialog prevent you from that?

8 Likes

Yeeees! I fixed it. I knew it must have been something stupidly simple.

Thank you so much! :slight_smile: