I decide what my name is, not you

right, like you refusing to apologize for spreading a doxx blog.

5 Likes

Was referring to Vixi!

I like Vixi but they’re going to bed without dinner today.

Don’t know about Vixi, I was just saying that I myself am a paragon of player conduct.

I’ve hardly spearheaded any sort of harassement against against OP. I stated what I believed was violations of policies, and I did state I would report him openly yes, after he started acting in a very poor behaviour. If you believe I have done wrong, then go ahead and flag what you deem is not acceptable.

I thought publicly announcing that you will report or have reported someone is considered a threat against another player and falls under harrasment and breaking the CoC. Think I’ve read about this somewhere in another thread.

Rules for thee but not for me.

7 Likes

I had forgotten about that thread entierly, but yeah I can admit that I have done wrong in publically saying about the report definatly.

You forgot the thread - did you forget the rules too? Because you’ve been throwing them at Rabies all night

Y’know what they say, if you can quote the rules you can obey them

Remember to say sorry for (in your own words) harassing, threatening and intimidating Rabies - since, apparently, that’s what announcing a report is!

10 Likes

Let’s be honest it’s not about the nickname, he had the nerve to disagree with the egomaniacs ( we know who those are, starts with P ) and that’s why they’re bullying him.

The irony of a bunch of roleplayers trying to run a gym like they’re the PE teacher is lost, it seems.

2 Likes

600 posts late to the show, and I don’t know if we’re still discussing OP’s name, but I want to bring attention to the fact that word-names were all the craze in the RP community a few years back, particularly in Rotgarde.
I remember Dark, Pestilence, Bones, Thrashin, Bury to name a few, so I’m not sure (short of the accent, which is unfortunately a necessary evil in these name hoarding days) what’s wrong with using Rabies

10 Likes

I will simply choose to not engage with Umay any further, seeing their jabs at a certain topic with only apparantly rather sinister intentions behind it.

The final post I’ll make here for tonight before heading off to bed will only be this:

I still stand by my believes & opinions regarding the Naming Policies and the OP’s name to be something I find personally to be very tasteless & wrong to name yourself, as is your attitude to being questioned on it at all.

But I did wrong in openly stating my intents to report you Räbies, and I do apologise for it & for it causing you stress with it. I do not regret doing said report though as I believed, and still believe it to be a violation, but I should not have used it as a scare tactic. I just won’t announce if I do further or not at all.

Anything else, I have nothing to apologise for because, I’m sorry, but I do believe you have acted very despicable yourself with this and the fact you chose such a name in the first place.
That’s it really.
Umay trying to twist it into something else because she has a weird personal beef I didnt know we had is nothing I want to concern myself with for tonight nor do I have anything else to apologise for, because finding a name offensive and then disagreeing when it’s labelled some creative genius choice is hardly harassement, nor am I responsible for other people agreeing with me or saying other things.

I’ve been forum-banned for that a few times :man_facepalming:

I also think this goes both ways. Being distressed enough to make, like, 20 posts, open tickets, report to GMs, link tickets, and keep posting—about a freaking name??—is going above and beyond the level of “yeah this seems a bit weird for an RP realm”.

Either the people here have had too much time to spend, or Rabies’ tantrum is merely more obvious than the last 550-or-so posts that don’t belong to him. Ultimately, both are as equally as disappointing.

10 Likes

I had a longer post but instead I’ll just leave the tl;dr to be concise.

tl;dr: OP needs to chill. Ya’ll need to chill. This has been blown massively out of proportion, to the point of almost forming an angry mob over one guy and his friggin’ name that isn’t explicit nor OBVIOUSLY breaches the ToS (besides the vague responses given by GMs that at most suggest they’ll investigate or that they -personally- agree, and I’m sure you’re all aware that GMs are not all knowing and have been wrong before). If you have an issue with the name, just report it. The thread should have stopped about twenty posts in at most.

OP isn’t blameless and at times they have behaved in a very uncool manner, and would have benefited from just not responding, but I think a lot of people in here have stepped over the line too. And while I can’t tell whether or not the OP is genuinely showing signs of anxiety or stress, I’m going to assume it is, and I’m a little bit disgusted that people’s response to someone having a breakdown is more or less ‘lol gottem’.

Can we all collectively agree to just let the thread die? It’s run its course and has nothing left worth talking about. Personally I’m going to mute it as I’m going to refuse any impulse to respond to any replies to this post to help it sink to the bottom of the forum-sea.

12 Likes

what a cool and excellent point you made you are a credit to the argent dawn community bravo

1 Like

also boohoo cry me a river u brought this on urself sweaty pie

2 Likes

I think Rabies could be a pretty cool name for (as an example) a bandit / pirate character, whose allies have seen them become violent in battle, so they associate them with a wild dog. Hence, the moniker of Rabies. I don’t think I’d want to mess with an angry worgen whose bite implies it won’t just turn me furry, but it’ll have me foaming at the mouth too.

12 Likes

It sounds like a quite a tame threat given the world that Warcraft is and the numerous threats it has roaming about. A Worgen with that sounds like something the local constabulary have to deal with daily.

Like the local drunk the police handle every other day and see it as a “a shame but otherwise harmless.”

A nuclear apocalypse is a scary thought, but so is being chased by a wolf, y’know.

1 Like

Rabies is a terribly scary name on a worgen, and 100% RP friendly. But since nicknames aren’t allowed, neither are surnames now if it is at all a reference to an object, place, food/drink, disease, or anything that can be traced back to our modern era. Gnomes and goblins, you’re done.

That’s false, though. Basically every orc’s ‘family’ name is a nickname. Not like they have surnames. It’s something they inherit or that describes a great feat of theirs.

This is just the PP Brigade being belligerent to someone ( as usual ) because he had the nerve to disagree with them. Rabies, if you get refunded shoot me a tag and I’ll make a ticket ( or several, I know a guy ) to have your name refunded. Can’t let the bullies win.