I don't get it

The Jailer wanted Sylvanas to “feed” him souls and she’s done that but why did she need to open a gateway to the Shadowlands?

Presumably, it’s what we’re going to learn while questing on the shadowlands.

My guess is that she opened the way so we can get into the shadowlands without needing to die, and eventually we defeat the Jailer, and she’ll end up as the secret hero because she plotted his downfall from the beginning.

1 Like

I’m thinking… shes going to end the deal by stabbing him in the back and then setting us all free from death?

Doubt she opened the portal to the Shadowlands only to turn around and be like “pesky champions, you following me here will be your end!!!” or something :thinking: that would be too dumb.

1 Like

I think she just wants to eliminate any influence over the dead.
Teldrassil had a connection to the emerald dream. N’zoth was the last active Old-God, he had a connection to the void. Getting rid of some loas and now she dispatched the last entity that could have stopped the flow of souls to the maw. Oh and all the genocide to go along with to cause more death -> more souls for the maw.

1 Like

Well from what they’ve said so far it seems like when we first go to the Shadowlands through this portal/tear we go straight to the Maw also; it’s not just Souls of things that have died but also anything that enters the Shadowlands through other means.

Without the Horde’s armies and the faction conflict she doesnt have an efficient way to get us to the Shadowlands, without putting herself in danger, so why not just open the door and let us walk right in?

From what I’ve read, our link with Azeroth’s World Soul via the Heart is the wildcard that Sylvanas and they Jailer weren’t counting on; if we werent able to get out of the Maw then their plan would have been perfect.

1 Like

She clearly tells Azshara that she wants us dead. I think people who still want her to be a savior or a ‘‘hero’’ need to STOP !

1 Like

What is death really, though? :thinking:

Just because I think it doesn’t mean I WANT it, there’s a difference.

The real Malfurion wouldn’t be confused by that :wink:

That is a good question, she might wants us dead in order to help her save the World in the Shadowlands !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.