I dont understand fire, help

I am gearing a mage to play with some friends. I think fire is much cooler than frost and i rather not play arcane because that seems kinda lame. I just don’t understand how to damage well on fire.

I’ve watched guides on rotations and think i execute them well on dummies but i barely get 160k on fire compared to 300k opener on frost. Is it such that fire is just that much better with very many or very few targets? Any other tips are helpful too.

It’s hard to say without logs, but a few points that can help :

Haste, haste and more haste + vers, crit is not bad up to 40ish %
How many pyros are you fitting in a combust window ?
Are you playing fire starter ? It changes your opener with double lust
Enter combustion with as many fire blast charges as possible
Which trinkets do you have ?
Are we talking single target or AOE?

Is this a flamestrike aoe opener? Flamestrike has been very undertuned, just got a buff today, hopefully it makes it usuable.

Fire’s guides aren’t really reflective of how top players are getting damage out of it atm. Using a ST rotation on a high health mob and playing a full ignite build has seemed like the only way to squeeze damage out of it and then you’re reliant on the right type of pulls.

Like I say, buffs go live today but so frosts… so its likely frost will still be better outside of the well designed ignite pulls

/watch?v=_ox2ZoTcF5c by forgy

Great 5 part guide for firemage from previous patch, but not much changed(?) i think. Im not playing mage much, but there are few great points and rotation sugestions for SKB.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.