I don't understand how professions work!

I’ll try and make this short :slight_smile:

I dropped my old professions for Engineering/Mining but I don’t understand how it works with old recipes?

Went to Draenor, learned Engi/Mining and got Draneor Engineering and Draenor Mining.
After that I went to SW and noticed I could pick up Cataclysm Engi/Mining.
I did that but now under my profession tab it says: Cataclysm mining, Draenor engineering. So, I’m a bit confused about this, did it overwrite one but not the other or what’s happening?

• Do I have to learn each expansion eng/min in order to get old recipes?
  • Do I have to learn them in any particular order?
  • If I pick up Shadowlands eng/min will for example Draenor engi/min disappear?
  • Do I have to go to the different expansions to learn the professions or is there a profession hub/a guy that knows all old stuff that I can go to to learn all?

Any help given is appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello, the professions were spilt up by expansion so that you don’t have to do some monumental 1 - 700 grind (except archaeology, but that’s a different story).

• Do I have to learn each expansion eng/min in order to get old recipes?

Yes

• Do I have to learn them in any particular order?

No

• If I pick up Shadowlands eng/min will for example Draenor engi/min disappear?

No

• Do I have to go to the different expansions to learn the professions or is there, etc

Yes, except for Classic/Catataclysm where the trainer does both. This is because the Cata zones are incorporated in the Eastern Kingdoms & Kalimdor.

So you can mix and match as you like, e.g. if you just want to do Outland and Shadowlands, you need to use the trainers in Oribos and Shattrath. When you open the proffs tab and select, say, Mining, you can mouse over the % bar for each expansion (must see trainer first) and it will say 24 / 100 or whatever.

1 Like

Thank you so much Evaricia!
I have been trying to google this but nothing has really answered my questions and then you come along and bam! :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.