I dont want to play a glacial spike build in arena. Is a frostbolt build viable to 1800 rating?

Hello,

This is the first season i try to push for rating in arena as a frost mage. I want to reach my first milestone of 1800 rating to get the mog. At the moment everyone i saying that the meta build for a mage is a glacial spike build because of the tier set. However, I dont enjoy the meta spike build and would rather have a strong frostbolt build. How viable is a frostbolt build to reach a 1800 rating in a arena?

Thank you.

Hello there, i played frost mage in dragonflight around 1800-2.1k rating both in solo and 2s. I think you should allways go for glacial spike spec in 2v2 since you actually have a little time to cast it. But my experience in solo is that you never get time to cast it anyway, if im lucky i get to cast 1 each game. The long range on kicks and so many of them just makes it nearly impossible to have a consistent gameplay. I only play for the tmog, i dont find arena fun anymore all the meleecasters ruin the game i think :(. I dont get the idea of snowdrift either, why give mage melee stun? Am i supposed to tank 2 plate users?

Hello, thank you for your response.

I am too trying for the tmog through solo shuffle. I dont play 2v2 but SS only. I dont understand why blizzard buffed glacial spike through the tier set bonus and lock us in playing a specific build. I dont like playing a glacial build and I chose to ignore the tier set bonus. Having said that, in some lobbies with dks and evokers and small maps I am having difficulties casting frostbolts. I dont know what to do. I like a frostbolt build I know all my key binds and if feels like it flows when i play it. Playing a glacial with instant cast ice lances does not feel like it flows. In any case ill try to push to 1800 with a frostbolt build and see what happens.

Yes you are supppose to tank 2 plate users because they will ultimately get you with all the gap closers existing today. I was in a lobby the other day against two dks I could not even breath lol. With all the gap closer that exist it is hard to work with a frostbolt build. It makes sense to have an all instant build but it just doest feel right. How much haste do I need to have 1second cast fostbolts? I dont know if it is even possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.