I drink a lot

Yes, it is true and maybe, just maybe Monks are meant to do that… I thought it would not be an issue but it is. Mistweaver should be renamed to Mistdrinker because one of the main activities in M+ is as you guess drinking unless you overgear a dungeon; shamans can equally manage while wearing lower gear without unnecessary interruptions.
This is a huge issue. After every larger pack I have to sneak drinking because I am tired of asking a group to stop and give me a little break. I can understand why they avoid inviting MWs. When time is short and everyone gets nervous about timing M+, the last thing they want is a monk asking for a break multiple times.

And blizzard was so clever to nerf mana restoration by drinking because this is affecting probably monks the most. I tried to defend MW but there is little to defend. I am probably going to take break from MW and going to try either HPala or RShaman.

3 Likes

It gets a little better with gear, and even more so with a coordinated group. I can get through a 13-14 with my guild and average one drink every 3 packs instead of every pack like it was earlier on.

But MW mana consumption is a total meme right now anyway. And yes, I suspect one reason pugs don’t want us is they feel they lose precious minutes (probably 1-2 over the run) watching us drink.

(A smart tank of course just waits until the healer is sitting, checks their own health bar, and then pulls. A smart MW will have torpedoed ahead to the next pack and is thus sitting in front of the group when they catch up, avoiding a sense that they are lagging behind or slowing the group down.)

Yes its easier on other classes, i see that on my shaman. on your mistweaver what u want to do is, try to use rising sun kick every time is on cooldown, u need to play rising mists and try to have 4-5 renewing mists at any given time.

Big packs/pride im using chi-ji and spam my dps rotation with the renewing mists when its up and enveloping when its free mana free cost. Right now mistweaver is better on 10-14 than 7-9 due to pride (at the appropriate level). 5 prides per game for mana is a lot.

Might not be the ideal but i can keep up without drinking, i just tend to use a mana pot on cd every time its up and mana tea plus innervate if its available, if its not ill try to get 1-2 ticks of drink when i drop combat, its best to ask a mage for waters for that reason. You might use like 30foods/run 2-3sec each.

Keys up to 14-15 u should play AtoM, after that u can go ToM.

1 Like

This is valid. Turret healing as MW currently costs more mana than we can afford. We have to fistweave, with or without Ancient Teachings.

For M+ especially, we can consider Tear of Morning… but Rising Mist is the only sane talent on its row, and we should still be trying to find moments to kick stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.