I find it really sad that the RPG aspect barely matters

2 Likes

That depends on the raid team. Some guilds will always put the team first and priortise progress, they will only take what they deem is good for fights. Some players do not like to be benched for long periods of time or only taken for rekills. Other guilds will take the player not the class.

Personally I prefer the more casual end of mythic raiding where they take it seriously enough that they want to progress but not so much that you’re benched purely for playing certain classes or specs.

And you think that doesnt happen in non-mythic guilds?

I haven’t experience a try hard heroic guild. I can’t imagine needing anything meta for that.

All your base are belong to us. Prepare for assimilation.

Before i start my sad story of heroic vexiona XD, i should clarify that i find heroic to be a joke, however before my guild died they were stuck on vexiona, they did know the tactics but 5 out of 14 people were using the cheapest essenses they could find (im talking crucible of flames arms warrior here) sub optimal corruption levels, suboptimal azerites, with those 5 people even the add phases were going slow. Now im not this 110 parcing god but i do believe my dps is good enough and trust me it was not good enough to carry these people.

Why am i sharing this? To point out that a non meta build character can have a very difficult time doing content. More than half our power right now comes from borrowed power (we went from 10k dps at the start to 100k )and SL isnt looking much different.

1 Like

I do understand why we follow the borrowed power model, it’s a way to reset us every expansion but I also understand the people who dislike it.

1 Like

Do you see the future?

While i do dislike the model, my point was that if you do not do it properly you could fall to tank level DPS/HPS (yes i have seen Prot paladins outhealing Priests).

Yes, i can also see the past and present, the blood elf speaks the truth.

1 Like

No. I just am capable of seeing the present.

I see raider IO. I see Looking for curve groups. I see damage shaming. people being kicked for low dps or low ilvls or other reasons.

Then i see the shadowland reviews and playtestings and realize how different your damage numbers can be with different choices, even for the same class.

Then I can put 1 and 2 together and come up with this.

I do think we’ll see some pug groups up with silly requirements, that is par for the course. There were some on beta too.

I’m hoping guilds are more sensible with their own members.

Well for me personaly i have the unique oportunity to to try and start a guild with my irl friends for SL, so no matter what i do really it will not affect me content wise, however as i have explained i am a semi minmaxer and lore nerd, aesthetic vs gameplay is a nightmare for someone like me, also i love to mess arround with my builds and specs, another thing the covenants are restricting me from doing.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the locking us in to covenants but I’m just going to go with it. I love the look and feel of SL.

Although I will have to run four characters through to unlock each covenant and relevant transmogs, mounts etc. I am hoping at a later date some expansions down the line they’ll relax the restrictions so I can use any of them on my main. Time will tell but I am going to be prepared. I’m not gearing the other three palas. I’m not hardcore like that :laughing:, I just want to see and do all the content.

I would have been a huge fan of the covenant lock if it didnt come with the player power, then my choice would have actually been meaningfull, now because i enjoy to play the game optimally i am forced into choosing something i am either not invested in the slightest or completly hate.

Honestly i was looking forward to having a reason to play my alts, but as far as i have seen the actual RP in choosing a covenant is lost. The mogs and mounts arent restricted to covenants (unlock them on one character and you can use them on your account regardless, might have missunderstood this or it will be changed tought) and the stories arent that different from one another, so the only thing that is covenant exclusive is the player power.

1 Like

I absolutely will not. I play what’s cool and respect other peoples choices to play what they think is cool too.

Also Covenants are an actual RPG style choice.

this is the most cringiest and stupid thing people say in defense of covenants. When your garbage heroic or normal guild won’t be able to kill a boss in the new raid they sure as hell will ask you to swap to the covenant that does more damage than your current one.

Yeah, and what makes it even more painful is knowing they will fix it… the very last patch of the expansion.

At least, 9.3 will be a good one to play.

By the time they fix covenant in 9.3, they are going to implement more systems in 9.1 and 9.2. And I’m pretty sure we will be getting 1 extra legendary and 1 extra covenant per patch !

Yep. And all will also affect PvP. Sigh