I got Permaban for no reason

Experience tells me this is not the full story :nerd_face:

9 Likes

I asked Blizzard for the ban reason, i will inform the forum what they said.

If they ban me for a “layer abuse”, it will be the first time that it happen. So be carefull guys, we don’t know atm why they banned me and i don’t want you to have the same problem.

Respect the game rules, i love this game, i never breaked the rules, it broke my hearth to get banned, but … it’s a game. I will not cry for that if they can’t unban me.

1 Like

in the ticket response it sounds like its because u sold or traded ingame items for real life money… have u by any chance bhought something off the AH for stupid low price? like and BoE item which was set to 20 gold but in reality was worth hundreds? one of my m8s once got banned for the same reason as u cus he bhought an item of the AH which was put up at a really low price so blizz thought he must had bhought it with irl money… he contacted them and explained and got hes account back

1 Like

Yes, to avoid PvP, to get into a different layer for quest mobs, to be with their friends, to trade somebody, to do whatever.

Abusing it to farm mass amounts of materials is a completely different story, that’s on the more extreme side of layering-abuse because it impacts the server economy, which is a big deal of course.

Did you sent a large amount of gold/things to an alt? Maybe you got flagged for that. I think that happened before to people.

So you want to enforce a penalty on a system in which the metric is subjective? I see no problem with this whatsoever.

and if it was that he was banned for they would write that and ban 80% of all servers so it obvisly is not that and proably cus he bhought sometyhing ingame like they write in their reason to banning him

No, only 20g from my alt to my main (auction house pattern/green sell).

At level 60 that i got tonight, i had 350 golds due to mass questing + AoE farm at level 58-60, and during my leveling i sold all green to AH. I did literally 85% of the game quest, spamming dungeon only in SM and ZF to get more experience and golds to buy my mount.

Tends to be the case that players write fake sob stories on forums claiming innocence and hoping to have bans reversed.
Blizzard have done their investigations and are usually spot on, they dont ban accounts for a laugh.
Could always end up being a false positive and if so, account unbanned on appeal.

My guess is OP has sold something to someone for RL money and has been caught. The End

How using layering to avoid PvP differs from using it to farm gold? I do not understand how did you determine it. Please explain.

If anything avoiding PvP seems worse to me. I would compare this use case to teleport cheats.

But again, I am not the one calling for bans for using systems blizzard purposefully placed in the game while being fully aware of consequences.

Massively differs because PvP doesn’t effect the whole, like the economy does. Especially in the long term.

Completely disagree. You’re not forced to use AH. But you might be forced to PvP on PvP server. Unless you cheat out with layering.

2 Likes

Best news I’ve seen all day!

Hope they ban the rest of your layer-hopping cheater friends too.

Thanks for playing. Private servers are thataway ==>

11 Likes

It’s kinda interesting people love to criticize Blizzard for literally everything, but on cases like this Blizzard can’t possibly do wrong or made a mistake. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I meant layer abuse for farming tons of resources. Hopping layers for anything else is obviously harmless, but if you’re doing it for an unfair advantage, especially that impacts the server’s economy? that’s clearly against the rules…

2 Likes

You meant retail and its sister mechanic called sharding. Private servers never used these weirdo phaisng shenanigans.

1 Like

You can’t appeal by phone, only by ticket.
And discussing a ban in the forum is also against the rules … wait for a reply to your ticket.

7 Likes

If you are layer hoping 3-4x per minute for 60min i think there is no mistake here,they can chek on that.In that case there reasons are valid.

Which might be relevant if Blizzard stated that they was banned for anything related to that :stuck_out_tongue:

You can’t, there’s a internal cooldown on layering. And also, i did not layer hop 3x or 4x per minutes, max 3 per days.

And i NEVER used layering to get “More golds”. It was only for questing purpose or experience (avoid the zillion of Mage who are in the same spot at level 58-60).