I hate PVPers

They take pleasure in hurting other people.

Every moment there reminds me how much I hate them.

30 Likes

I hate PvEers. They take pleaseure in making everyone else’s match boring by running away and refuse to fight in a PvP mode.

Every moment there reminds me how much I hate them.

12 Likes

Is that a common sentiment among PVP players? I’ve not heard it before but I’d have thought it’s really frustrating playing a PVP game where people don’t want to engage.

2 Likes

Surely you must’ve heard about PvE players AFKing in BGs just so they can get honor for PvP gear and move on, ruining the game for the affected team since they’re missing players.

5 Likes

Well, you see, I am only playing Plunderstorm for the cosmetic rewards. I’m not interested in the competitive aspect, so I won’t waste time trying to “git gud” at BR PvP. Fighting players lowers my plunder-per-hour rate.

What I have been getting better at is maximizing my plunder income per hour. Mostly this means doing the quest, then running into the storm or letting a mob kill me. Initially I did the first, but I have swapped to just dying to mobs as that is faster and may allow someone to pick up some extra plunder so that they can also stop playing Plunderstorm faster.

PvEers didn’t ask for the only new real content in months being PvP only. We all hoped for and expected something else. But that is what we got, and I’ll do my best to be done with that content quickly. If, as a by product, I can bring your level of enjoyment closer to mine (near zero), then that is a plus.

Okay, admittedly, I’m not really quite that petty, but whether or not you enjoy Plunderstorm genuinely doesn’t matter to me. You are equally not concerned with whether or not I have fun grinding out the cosmetics. Blizzard knows better than to try and coerce PvE players into PvP content, and they still did it.

27 now. 13 more levels and I’ll leave you to your PvP.

23 Likes

I mean specifically in Plunder Storm, not PVP in general.

I was playing BGs in vanilla before Blizzard introduced the AFK kick to them. So safe to say, my opinion on anyone who joins group content and leeches off the other players is about as low as it can get.

1 Like

I enjoy PVP, when it’s a PVP event or match designed for just that purpose.
What I don’t enjoy is when Blizzard design some utter garbage and dangle a carrot, knowing PVErs and collectors will bite for the rewards.

8 Likes

70% in this event = pve

2 Likes

PvPers will 1v1 you in this event.

PvErs will act like the biggest cowards and watch you fight and then try and kill the winner on low HP then come on the forums and cry because their 90 year old reaction timers see them Slicing Winds into a wall before they pull a muscle IRL. I hate BR too but calling PvPers out just shows your a PvEmma

2 Likes

Why do all PvP defenders use age as their main argument? Do you only know how to speak by belittling others?

7 Likes

Deflection from the main point; you don’t like it but PvE is laden with AotC, gear checks & mandatory comps. How dare a PvP mode have PvP in it. :(((

1 Like

Touch grass

wow. you are getting fast. im 12 and after 3 matches in a row i wanna die.

Because you can earn the rewards without PVPing, and therefore for these people who are only interested in the cosmetic rewards, actual PVP slows down their grind.

People complain and don’t like it, because the rewards are earnable just by participating a ton of matches. Put the rewards behind wins, and make the main rewards be awarded like after 100 wins, and less people will complain just because the pure fact that it became an unreachable goal (like you don’t see people complaining about the gladiator mount, just because it is behind an impenetrable barrier for a lot of people).

Imagine if you can get the gladiator mount simply by playing 500 arena matches, PVP participation, as a metric, will be increasing tenfold, while the actual number of players interested in PVP will remain the same.

2 Likes

Pvers are casuals, they dont know how to play properly, ofc they will mad at pvpers coz they are better than them in everything include pve.

2 Likes

First part of the game is PvE, where you farm mobs/chests for plunder, XP and skills.
Second part is farming players, when resources dried up and you cannot farm mobs or chests anymore.

I personally hate griefers, who try to engage in PvP on early levels. When they do that they forfeit any chance of winning the match or gather any significant amount of plunder. It takes so long to kill anyone on low levels, by the time someone wins the duel all other players will be much higher levels, having more skills, and person who won the duel will die to the next person they encounter.
Later in the game PvP is the only thing to do.

3 Likes

not true tbh sounds like ur a PvE Andy

i kill ppl early all the time if they’re in my area because it’s taking away from my farm and plunder. If I see someone in Stromgarde when I land I will fight them at level 2 because 9/10 times they’re a PvEr and terrified of conflict so they run off and I get to farm the castle till level 7 or 8.

5 Likes

Absolute state of PvErs. Do you guys force yourselves to get 1800 for the elite set every season too? Or hell, gladiator for the mount? Just let go of the rewards man.

2 Likes

The elite sets? Well yes, if there is a tint i really want, i do, 1800 is doable. The gladiator mount argument is getting stale, i know this is the only other FOMO PVP reward, but nobody is, nor has ever complained about that.

Let me change the question then: Why do you need all the extra incentives, or rewards at all to PVP? Is the satisfaction from being a good PVP player, and dominating other players not enough?
Or if it is enough for you, then why Blizzard think they need to give such things?

2 Likes

They made people even more aggressive with the plunder increase for kills.
It’s really daft.
They should increase plunder for PvE if they wish casuals to enjoy this.

1 Like