I hate RIO

lmao

sure you should not do anything, the game should for you

In my experience groups rarely even use rio score on low keys.

There might be multiple reasons you’re declined:

• Your class: Groups often tend to pick another class first if they already have your class in the group.

• Your ilvl: While your ilvl is more than enough for +2 there might be people queueing with ilvl 465+.

• Your server: This really shouldn’t be a thing but there’s some groups in the group finder that don’t invite people not speaking language X.

My point is, there’s many reasons to decline or not accept someone and there’s absolutely no way of knowing why they did. Maybe they were saving a spot for another dps while waiting for tank and heal. Maybe they want a rogue for certain skips. Maybe they want a warlock for health and soulstones.

Your best option is to not think about it and just move on. There’s just a vast oversaturation with dps, so you can’t expect to find a group within minutes. It just takes time as a dps. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It even made me quit playing my rogue, because I was tired of waiting forever. But to blame the rio score for this makes no sense.

1 Like

People judged others way before rio was even a thing, by either link x or by i lvl. People in pug world will aways find something which give them some info about others. Doesnt matter if its true or not (sadly).

Even if there isnt any rio, they can open your armory and see which dungeons u done, and its blizzard website and not some 3rd party one.

2 Likes

You’re not being declined because of score but because any group will have several 475+ ilvl people signing up to farm echo.

1 Like

Farming echos in +2?

There’s also some ingame communities dedicated Mythic+. While these will not guarantee you a spot as a dps, they generally offer a friendlier atmosphere and will care more about how you play, than what your score / ilvl is.

Communities that come to mind are:

Alliance:

Horde:

4 Likes

Seriously I mean this, Thank you!

This is the most helpful reply I’ve been given, if I decide to reinstall I will definately look them up because after having my keys posted every week and being constantly declined after hours upon hours of waiting and applying im rather burned out and pretty fed up.

Seriously you’re one of the good eggs, Thank you!

Every time I see one of these threads I just think

I’m glad someone has pointed you in the direction of the keystone communities. We hear lots of positive things about them. Guilds, friends, communities are the best ways to do keys. PuGs are generally the very worst experience, though not all are bad of course.

Just view Rio as a reflection of your experience in mythic plus. A lot of players don’t care about score when it’s lower key but all dps applicants are usually up against a sea of others. It’s the leader’s perogative who they pick and choose.

If you list your own key you get to pick and choose :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve helped few lowbies recently… Don’t know what OP is talking about really.

Ok. Let’s see.

You have Animal Compation talent but only one pet in your pet slots.
You have 2 empty sockets, the one that you do have filled is with 120 agi gem instead of 50 crit
You have missing enchant on 1 of the rings
Such ineptitude with enchanting/gemming is bound to imply that you never use any consumables such as food, flasks or -dare i say that- prepots or war-scrolls to grant missing buffs.

I can’t complain about your stat choices, you simply use what you have as you are gearing up. I did that at start as well, barely had any crit. This is fine.

Your raid experience is very weak. Pretty much only LFR, you killed 3 easiest NYA bosses on heroic and 2 heroic bosses in BoD. That’s it.

Your two mythic+ dungeons were over time, despite being very low key levels. That +10 was almost half an hour over time.

m8 you’re just bad. It’s not RIO fault.

2 Likes

Look make what you want out of RIO but if it didn’t exist people would just go check your profile to see your m+ progress so that wouldn’t change.

Some people do it, I preffer using 3v3 myself.

Call me crazy OP.
But have you tried creating your own groups? You can’t get declined from your own groups?
If you got no keystone to start off with. Just do a quick FH “mount run”. People join those.

1 Like

Ok smart guy…

My second pet is in the stable as only your first stabled pet comes out as the second companion, you’re a good hunter not knowing how to read a tooltip.

Those sockets have been filled its just not updated on armoury yet, also it’s recomended that you have at least 1 leviathans eye from any guide because AGIL is our main stat.

Again it’s enchanted just not updated on armoury.

I always use Greater flasks of endless fathoms, the blood buff crystal from raid drops and the mecha sandwich to compesate for my low crit at the time due to my gear, in my inventory I have 2 +12% severes and 2+12% expiedent corruptions in my bag ready to use on rings i get from any heroic raids I do, again it they were not my keys and the reasons they went overtime is because the tank had to afk to see to his kids.

You’re bad too bud, see how easy it is to generalise.

I think what Athulua is trying to say is maybe consult a guide on what you should be aiming for on your character.

1 Like

I have I usually get I have a plus 8 i sat there for 5 hours today looking no one joined, I did get invited to 1 +7 group but then he kicked me and put me on ignore after I said “Thank you” in chat.

:ok: /10char

No I get what that person is saying they are just being toxic for the sake of it.

Again I’ve been following a guide, I have only just recently returned to this character just using gear that I’ve been able to get.

4 Likes

There are nice people in the game too. As you are Alliance I would highly recommend Scared of Dungeons. They are fab!

It will take time to gear, my hunter has the most mishmash stupid items but a high ilvl. It’s rubbish!!!

3 Likes

I know this pain, a lot of newcomers and returners struggle with it. Rio’s mostly a measure of your experience, not skill. If it helps, people who have to pug usually don’t have the time to join guilds or make friends, so they value their time highly and don’t want to take risks. That is why they might decline someone who hasn’t got much M+ experience, even if they’re well-geared.
Unfortunately there isn’t really a solution that you’ll like. The ones you’ve been given already are kind of the only ones. People are allowed to pick who they play with. Just try not to take it personally, a lot of people are just tired of giving a chance to many many people who had no experience only to waste a key and run out of time to play for the day. They don’t know that you might be good, and they’re not willing to take the chance when there’s experienced people to pick from.