I hate RIO

Call me crazy OP.
But have you tried creating your own groups? You can’t get declined from your own groups?
If you got no keystone to start off with. Just do a quick FH “mount run”. People join those.

1 Like

Ok smart guy…

My second pet is in the stable as only your first stabled pet comes out as the second companion, you’re a good hunter not knowing how to read a tooltip.

Those sockets have been filled its just not updated on armoury yet, also it’s recomended that you have at least 1 leviathans eye from any guide because AGIL is our main stat.

Again it’s enchanted just not updated on armoury.

I always use Greater flasks of endless fathoms, the blood buff crystal from raid drops and the mecha sandwich to compesate for my low crit at the time due to my gear, in my inventory I have 2 +12% severes and 2+12% expiedent corruptions in my bag ready to use on rings i get from any heroic raids I do, again it they were not my keys and the reasons they went overtime is because the tank had to afk to see to his kids.

You’re bad too bud, see how easy it is to generalise.

I think what Athulua is trying to say is maybe consult a guide on what you should be aiming for on your character.

1 Like

I have I usually get I have a plus 8 i sat there for 5 hours today looking no one joined, I did get invited to 1 +7 group but then he kicked me and put me on ignore after I said “Thank you” in chat.

:ok: /10char

No I get what that person is saying they are just being toxic for the sake of it.

Again I’ve been following a guide, I have only just recently returned to this character just using gear that I’ve been able to get.

4 Likes

There are nice people in the game too. As you are Alliance I would highly recommend Scared of Dungeons. They are fab!

It will take time to gear, my hunter has the most mishmash stupid items but a high ilvl. It’s rubbish!!!

3 Likes

I know this pain, a lot of newcomers and returners struggle with it. Rio’s mostly a measure of your experience, not skill. If it helps, people who have to pug usually don’t have the time to join guilds or make friends, so they value their time highly and don’t want to take risks. That is why they might decline someone who hasn’t got much M+ experience, even if they’re well-geared.
Unfortunately there isn’t really a solution that you’ll like. The ones you’ve been given already are kind of the only ones. People are allowed to pick who they play with. Just try not to take it personally, a lot of people are just tired of giving a chance to many many people who had no experience only to waste a key and run out of time to play for the day. They don’t know that you might be good, and they’re not willing to take the chance when there’s experienced people to pick from.

What Shadazzle said. I’m in the Scared of Dungeons community , and I find them very easy going and helpful. They don’t even complain when a key goes overtime (usually my groups lol). Theres a whole range of keys most nights from M0 up to the weekly +15 and above.
You won’t hear a bad word about them here.

5 Likes

Like I said I love helping people myself, but alot of the time I’m treated like poop this is my Horde main btw, my bf is the one who wanted to return to the Alliance and I just wanted to try and get myself back on track as I had only started playing again recently.

But I’m just met with all this horrid spite and hate.

Ok mr Smarty, I’ll give you one simple task to do and you’ll understand something (I hope).

Imagine there’s 4 clones of you. You all have exactly the same stats, rio, progress, ilvl etc. You all sign up for ML+2. There are 5 of you, while dps slots are limited to 3.

Now these 2 not invited clones make rage thread about “toxic rio”. Your task is to explain those two why they shouldn’t rage.

1 Like

Sure, but there’s no way of rectifying that or getting better if you can’t get into a dungeon because your RIO score is so low.

2 Likes

Point in case, obviously did not read the thread and where waited hours upon hours over weeks and being told no too low, instead decides to flame, this type of person… is quite common in this game I’ve noticed.

Well, the problem is that coming back to WoW at the end of an extension, when there is a lot of players who have a character who has done more during this extension than any of yours…

(Most) People still want to succeed and have somewhat (at least) a little bit an individual mentality. Or rather: why would they help someone they just don’t know, unless they are bored and feel like helping?

Actually, you know something that would be really cool ?
Some feature to give karma points to some players, if you felt like they were good, helped you in some way or another…
Not something that would allow you to tell “this one is BAAAAD”, but something that would allow you to say “this one was nice/great/helpful”.

Or maybe that’s not a good idea… Unless this karma would transfer to the next extensions… Dunno

This is a nice idea, simular to what FFXIV has, because contrary to popular belief I’m not a horrible person and despite my gear I’ve been told I’m a fairly decent hunter as in the raids I’ve either been competitve or out dps’d some of our guilds higher geared hunter’s, I always do my best and make as minimal mistakes I possibly can.

I know I’ve lashed out today being ToM doesnt help but in this thread I just wanted to get something off my chest and I got triggered here.

I don’t think its possible while remaining in game, and have something that links you to an external website after every run is something that blizz would hardly tolerate.

plus i can already see the spam in trade chat “rep boost sales, get your karma today for 50k gold only”

Prove that you are good enough.
Why should I take you to my group? I have 10 people signing up with 2k score, 20+ completed runs, and then a random hunter who has done 2 “untimed” run and with questionable experience in m+ high keys.

Do you know what to interrupt as a hunter in underot between boss 2 and 3?
Do you know where to stand in underot on boss 2?
Do you know when to use spirit shocks in sethralis?
Do you know where to stand in freehold boss 1?
Do you know where to use binding shots in tol dagor?
Do you know which mobs trample/charge/has frontal breaths in all dungeons?
The list goes on, and it’s just a basic list. With high rio player, you at least know someone saw these things. And no one wants to risk a key, just get better.

1 Like

Alliana - What stops you from making your own groups with your own key?

1 Like

Yea, that’s not what I meant. I was more thinking about something that blizzard would have implemented. So, that reputation system would be in game.

Now, to prevent the “rep boost sales” you’re talking about… Well… I can only think of one thing here. Some kind of detection system that ensure that your rep gain is deserved and not bought.
So the most obvious one would be “if a player gives you rep, then your rep is increased unless your gold is decreased by a given amount during the week”, or something like that. I really don’t know what would be a good condition though.

Type of person? That I try to understand why something happens instead raging 5 times a week about rio and fictional elitism? You guys have problems and people here are TRYING to explain the most obvious reasons but you just keep crying, whining, raging and stomping like little kids that “world is so unfair!” xD

1. People have lifes outside of WoW and they want to spend some QUALITY time in game THEN go offline to do something more interesting, rather than being stuck with some strangers on +6.
  2. Rio doesn’t guarantee anything but it VASTLY increases chance to get good player into your group. Good player = shorter, efficient run.
  3. When one makes a group there is more applicants than just you and your ego. When he/she picks 4 players out of 20 then what, all those 16 players should go on forum and cry?

YOU are horrible persons if you think group maker is elitist for not picking you. COMPLETE lack of empathy and understanding. That’s why everyone’s going to bash you.

If you’re out of rage already then find guild/community(as linked somewhere above)/friends and say bye-bye to your rio problems.

2 Likes