I have to Alt+F4 frequently to be able to play

Leveling a 110+ horde alt in Zuldazar, Terenas realm. Game just freezes all world updates. UI is responsive and i can move character around. Trying to move items in bag just leaves them grayed out, and i can’t use any spells. Logout or Exit game buttons do nothing
(That is a severe client bug by the way… No client software should have its closing mechanism prevented by server problems, while it remains responsive.)
I had to use Alt+F4 for roughly 4-5 times today already, so once per half hour or hour, i don’t know. It frustrates me and taking a break sometimes when happens.

I have a very high quality optical fibre connection to house. Doing speedtest during the lagspike results in almost 400Mbit with 20ms latency. I recently bought a interference shielded cat6 LAN cable to connect my PC to router to prevent all data losses. It really worked too, way more stable than wifi.

Hey there Jadinas,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having troubles, this sounds like something is causing your Game Client to become desynced from the Server. This can be caused by several issues, and I would like to ask you to please complete the following suggestions:

Firstly, please try working through our Connection Troubleshooting article, including the Advanced Troubleshooting and World of Warcraft sections to ensure to cover the most common potential causes of connection issues.

If the above steps didn’t help, I would like to run a connection test called a WinMTR run over the time frame that you experience the issue. This tool will run a style of pathping which will hopefully give us a little bit more information about what might be going on with the connection.

Once you’ve collected the data, please click on ““Copy text to clipboard”” and paste the results into a text file and then upload it to a file host site (like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, or Pastebin), and share the link with us here.
Note: it’s possible you may not be able to share links directly, and if that is the case please select/highlight the link and click the </> button on your editor to convert the link to Preformatted Text.

I did the ipconfig reset commands, put the 3 wow ip’s of WinMTR running and I couldn’t make it desync after half hour of playing. But there is some cases of packet loss perhaps, is that with a relevant IP? I assume it means connection from PC to my router but there are less network packets sent to it than other IP’s… Not sure how to interpret.
Logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkA8eob3K73BhBCcTh5-R1Rm5ULE?e=P4l5mz

Hey Jadinas

Thanks for getting those WinMTR results sent in. Packet loss anywhere along the route is a pretty big problem, since it impacts the entire journey of the connection from your PC and our servers, not just that specific IP’s node. That’s because any packets that fail to get through need to be re-sent, adding a bit of latency every time that happens, eventually leading to a pretty large desync like you described

Looking over the results you’ve sent in, there’s a pretty large amount of loss happening very early in the route. The top line is from your PC to your Router, and the second is generally from your Router to a local exchange, and it’s showing up to 51% of packets being lost. That’s something you’d need to reach out to your internet provider about, and it’d be best to provide those results to them so that they can see where the problem lies

1 Like